Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just a note...

Hi Everyone!

Just a little note tonight to let you know I'm still alive and kicking...well alive anyway! LOL It was an incredibly busy day at the store today and my dogs are barking (for those who speak real English and haven't heard this expression before, it means my FEET HURT!!) The Christmas rush is definitely on! I had a steady stream of customers, when one left, another one entered and so I didn't leave the design table for 4 hours straight. I didn't get lunch until 3 PM and I didn't get any work done in the back at all! I stayed an hour past my regular working hours (YEAH OVERTIME! LOL) but so far I'm still on track. After tomorrow (which is my day off) I'll be behind again. One day behind I can handle (I think).

I started working on a new project, and the others are going to fall along the wayside (I'll miss being caught up on the Friendly Stitchers SAL). A coworker is getting married in March and I decided to make the Camelot Sampler for her, tweaking it a bit to make it into a wedding sampler. Little did I know how much was done over one on linen when I decided to make this one, but it is so THEM, I just have to do this for them. I'll try to keep you posted on how far I'm getting. So far I have the outside outline done and I've started on the Jousting scene at the top. I'm already bug eyed, but all I can think is how much they are going to LOVE this when it's done. Any bets on how long this will take and whether I get it done for their wedding? I'm betting I don't...but hoping I do.

Well, off to stitch, and hopefully sometime tomorrow I can update with a picture of the sampler to show a little progress....wish me luck! *Hugs*!

2 comments:

nutmegg said...

Hi DJ, good to see that you are alive and kicking I was beginning to wonder.

MysteryKnitter said...

I am sure the wedding thing will be lovely!