Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two down, one to go!

Where to start? Today was so much fun, I can't begin to tell you!



First of all, I finished part 5 of the Gazette 94 ABC sampler! I am so surprised I got some stitching in this weekend! I started part 4 of the Alla Turca, I'll post the pictures when I finish, I DO love stitching on that one! Not that I don't love the others, it's just the I really love the colors on that one.





The next surprise is that we left for Washington, DC early so we could take a peek at the Cherry Blossoms. Today was their last day of "peak blossoms" and the final day of the Cherry Blossom Festival. We didn't say long, there were all kinds of events going on all over the city, but I just wanted to see the Tidal Basin in full bloom. We walked down to the Tidal Basin to see the Jefferson Memorial and I tried to take a pic without people but with the blossoms. It wasn't easy! LOL I did my best. I also have a shot here of the Washington Memorial with the blossoms. It was such a pretty day, not too not, not too cold, and the perfect day for a picnic, so we stopped for some take-out food and ate near the National Mall. I didn't expect to be able to do this, so I was more than pleasantly surprised!







Next stop was the Verizon center were we watched a very exciting Capitals game! They were down by one in the bottom of the 2nd perid, but came back in the third to win it by two! Yay caps! Last night they played and won, and that game clinched the Division Championships for them, so they will go to the play-offs. Let's hope they win the Stanley Cup!! They had VW's at the stadium today, and one car was painted in such a way that you could use it as a white board. DS asked if he wrote his name on it, would it be his? Sounded right to me! And so he signed, let's see if they deliver it tomorrow? He'll have to wait two years to drive it, but I guess it's worth the wait LOL. I've always wanted a VW Bug!!! LOL That's all the news....one more day and our sports extravaganza will be over. They are calling for thunderstorms tomorrow...let's hope lightning strikes twice and the Orioles beat the Yankees! I'll let you know tomorrow!

No comments: