Friday, November 15, 2019

November Gifted Gorgeousness

Whew....what a wild ride life has been since the last Gifted Gorgeousness.  You probably know the drill by  now, if you want to participate you can sign up and read the rules on Jo's blog.  Here is the link.  If you want to see what everyone else is doing who is participating, you can visit Jo's blog here and click on the participants.

It's been a busy month since the last GG.  I've been working on some gifts so I can't show everything here, but hopefully by  next month I'll be able to show some things.

First off is a Christmas exchange I had with Friendly Stitchers.  I signed up to exchange with two people.  The first was the lovely Ms. S.  I have actually met Ms. S in person when we were in Seattle.  We had a lovely afternoon sharing a meal and some laughs.  Her husband and my husband are Veterans so they too, had a lot in common.  Here is what I sent to her...



The ornament was a free pattern I found back in 2012 that I had saved and always wanted to stitch.  I thought, because she is from the Pacific Northwest she might like more of a nature pattern.  I also made a scissor fob and a needle nanny.  I hope she likes them!

Next is the lovely Ms. D.  It's fun having an exchange partner as you get to know a little bit about them.  I would love to meet her in person, we have so many things in common, and she sounds like such a lovely person!  Here is what I sent to her...



The ornament was a freebie called Connie angel from the Victoria Sampler website.  Dusty told me she likes angels so her scissor fob has angels as well.

And here is what she sent me...I tell you, I was truly spoiled!!



I am participating in a 12 days of Christmas exchange.  She won't be opening her packages until December so I won't show her things until later.

I'm still working on Marie Antionette's Caleidoscope.  I love this pattern, but because it is on black, it's hard to stitch on during evening hours and dreary days....so it's coming along slowly but it was an Anniversary gift from my husband a year or so ago.  He's such an enabler!!  Haha, but I'm spoiled and I know it!!  I didn't get too far during the challenge, it was a busy month, as you know, but here is how far I've been able to get...



I have some more things in the wings, I just have been too busy to get stuff finished.  I'm sure I'll have more to show next month!  Till then, Happy Stitching!



6 comments:

Christine said...

Great exchange and the kaleidoscope piece is beautiful

Julie said...

A lovely post for this months GG, so many pretty things to see.

Elfie said...

I hzd aovely visit, thank you. The gifts you made are beautiful, and very thoughtful, and I love the project on black. It's stunning.

Katie said...

Lovely exchanges! Beautiful progress. Love stitching on black. It pops so amazing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Exchanges are always fun because they are a double dose of GG! I have stitched that first ornament myself, a few years back.

Ariadne said...

Lovely gifts, especially the round angel ornament. AriadnefromGreece!