Wednesday, May 15, 2019

May Gifted Gorgeousness

I can't believe it's May already!  I sound like a broke record, but it's true.  This year is flying by at an unbelievable rate and I'm desperate to find time to stitch.  Those days are few and far between.  Anyway....here it is time for Gifted Gorgeousness again.  If you don't know what that is, I invite you to take a look over at Serendipitous Stitching to find the rules for this challenge.  Click here for the rules......and click here for the others who are participating and you can see what everyone has been up to.

From the previous post you'll see that I made a trip back to Maryland to attend our annual St. Michaels retreat.  I just couldn't resist being with friends, laughing and sharing our passion for stitching.  Now that I've been I can show you the two items I stitched for gifts for the retreat.

Take time to stitch by Jeanette Douglas

Spring Messenger by Ellen Maurer-Stroh.  I love her designs, and I've stitched this one twice.  One of these days I'll have to stitch one for myself!!

I've also stitched a few more Christmas ornaments that were from a Disc my husband gave me for Christmas one year.

Here is Julia Lucas' Home for Christmas from the JCS 2001 Ornament Issue

Here is Threads Through Time Joy To the World JCS 2001 Ornament Issue

I've been working on a SAL my husband bought me, and the SAL has finished now, but I'm still pretty far behind.  Here is Quakers in Holland by Tempting Tangles Designs.

Last is a gift I received at the retreat.  I'm not sure I'm spelling this correctly but this is Woolomena by Plum Street Samplers.  I love how she finished this off and can't believe I was the lucky recipient!!  Didn't she do a lovely job?


I'm going to throw this picture up here too.  As I said I've been going through boxes in the attic at my Mom's house.  I came across this piece that was the first one I ever cross stitched.  It was a stamped piece, and looks pretty rough, but then I was only 7!  haha  I am amazed when I see the antique samplers that young girls stitched hundreds of years ago.  They were so talented at such young ages.  It's kind of fun to find something I stitched so long ago, more than half a century ago!!  I guess you could say it is part of gifted gorgeousness since my Grandmother gave me the kit to stitch all those years ago.  

Off to get some shuteye, tomorrow promises to be another busy day!  Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Elfie said...

Such pretty projects. I love them all.

Vickie said...

DJ I love what you have been stitching. The gift you were given is just my style! All that pink! Oh I am so happy for you! Your first piece of cross stitch! I love it! :)

Ariadne said...

So many lovely pieces here. AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Your retreat certainly had some beautiful exchange gifts. The Dutch Quaker is gorgeous too.
How lovely to find your first stitched piece, I have mine too, done at about the same age!

Julie said...

Your first cross stitch project is sweet, I think we all have something like that tucked away safely.
Nice to see you little birdie in his frame again - he's sweet.
I do like the Jeanette Douglas, that's a great design.
Love and blessings x

Donna G. said...

What a lovely attic find.....your first stitched piece. Are you going to finish it out into a pillow.....or frame it?

FlashinScissors said...

I love all your stitched pieces, given and received!
Especially love Woolomena, oh, and the Quaker piece!
Wow, 7, that was really early stitching, and I’d say pretty exceptional!
Hope you manage find time to do some stitching soon!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

jocondine said...

Nice stitchings, love the Quakers in Holland. Lovely pie too! xxx

Katie said...

I swear the warmer weather has slowed our needles down. I hope we both find time for stitching soon. Lovely gift stitching and great gift received. Lovely old find at your mom's.

Mary's Thread said...

Your first stitch is darling. What beautiful gifts you have given and received!