Sunday, December 17, 2017

SAL Mania!

Whew!  I don't know what happened in the last few months, but I think I've signed up for more SAL's in the past few weeks than I have in my entire cross stitch life!  Haha...  I am thoroughly addicted to Tempting Tangles designs.  Her SAL's are easy to keep up with because the sections that she releases can be done in a couple of hours.  I had several going at once, and I can usually catch up in all of them in a day or two.  I'm going to show you a few here that I have going....

From Tempting Tangles I have ...

This Corner of Earth Mystery which I finished this weekend...

Springtime Easter Delight Mystery

Wildflower Woodland Quaker Mystery

The Blue Poppy Sampler

I found all her SALs on her Etsy page which you can find here.  Most of them are $5.00 while the SAL is going on and for a few months after.  The Blue Poppy is a little more but there are lots of specialty stitches and those take a little more explaining and diagramming to prepare so very much worth the extra money.

From Linen & Threads I had the 2017 Mystery SAL which I have finished but if you are interested in the patterns (which are free on their website) you can find them here.  I think the 2018 SAL will be posted on this site as well.

From Ship's Manor I have Through The Window which starts on January 1st, but we have the "frame" pattern already to stitch.  I think for now I'm going to stitch the frame as I go along.  Here is what I have so far...isn't the color of the fabric wonderful?  I had someone say the color wouldn't go with the color scheme in their house, and I guess it wouldn't in my house either, but I can't help it, I LOVE it!!  You can find the information for the SAL and order it here.

I'm hoping to start the 2018 Linen & Threads Mystery in the new year too.  I had a bit of a challenge keeping up with last years, but I love it so much I just can't seem to say no to myself.  I already have the fabric, so now just to figure out what colors to use.  Should I keep the same color scheme?  Decisions, decisions, but I think I'll wait for the new year to decide.

I received the most delightful gift in the mail yesterday!  I participate in a few exchanges at Christmas, and this one is from Christine over at Friendly Stitchers.  I LOVE this ornament she sent.  It's so nicely finished too, but I really love the sentiment on it, she couldn't have picked a better pattern to stitch for me.  Thank you so much, Christine!!  I even got a few  other goodies along with it, look how nicely the ribbon matches the fabric.  And I really needed a needle holder, perfect timing if you ask me!!  I'm truly spoiled!!


And that brings me to this....Each year I try to set some goals for myself.  Last year I failed miserably at reaching any of mine.  I guess because with all that was going on in my life, visitors, wedding planning and then all the rest, I got distracted.  This year I agreed to try and finish up some of my WIPs I have floating around.  And believe me I have enough UFOs to start an entirely new galaxy!!  One person took pictures of all of hers...honestly I'm afraid to do that...haha.  If I could just say NO to a few activities I like to participate in and stay home once in a while, I would get a lot more stitching done.  Hahaha....but that's beside the point.  I'll be back in a few days after I formulate my plans and open a new goal tab at the top.  I actually have to organize and update my 2017 goals page, I'm behind.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that you are able to relax and enjoy the upcoming celebrations and that you find joy in the season!  Happy Stitching!!

4 comments:

deb said...

Your SALs are all lovely, but I'm especially enamored of the woodland Quaker one (gah - you're tempting me!). And your Linen and Threads one is gorgeous - I've loved watching various people work on theirs, but I have to say that yours is the most striking! And congrats to you for working it on black!

Justine said...

Nothing wrong with joining SALs, especially as you've found a designer you love and you know they're going to be good! I like making stitching plans but rarely stick to them. There are just too many gorgeous charts to stitch!
Hope you have a lovely peaceful Christmas, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those SALs are gorgeous. I'm totally over Mystery SALs but these are actually really pretty.
You may not have met your goals, but you kept up with the Linen & Threads and did all 12 GG posts too. That's 2 successes in my book!

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Your SAL stitching is fantastic and inspiring. I followed your Linen & Thread piece all year and it is just wonderful! Must watch those sites. One day I will join a SAL.