Friday, September 15, 2017

September Gifted Gorgeousness

Well...I'm kinda amazed at how much stitching I've been able to get done lately.  I've actually had more time at home than I have had and it feels good to get some stitching accomplished.  

If you are unfamiliar with Gifted Gorgeousness, this is a challenge hosted by Jo over at Serendipitous stitching.  If you go to her blog you can check out what others are stitching for this challenge where we either use materials that are gifted to us, or we are stitching for someone else.  You can find the rules here and also sign up, it's never to late to join in.  So....sign up here....or see what others are stitching here.  Thanks again, Jo, for hosting this fun challenge.  I just love searching through my stash and seeing what I can find to stitch for this!!

Where do I start?  Hm....well while my friend, Donna, was visiting, I asked her to choose some ornaments she would like me to stitch.  We started searching the freebies offered by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum which you can find here.  Donna picked out two,  from the years 1997 and 2005.  Here are the finished stitching.  They are stitched on 32 count raw Belfast linen over two.  I changed a few things here and there, didn't use all the beads they suggested and substituted a gold thread by Rainbow Gallery rather than the DMC metallic thread.  I'm thinking I might stitch them again on 28 count over one, we'll see.





I stitched a couple of patriotic patterns for an auction in August that went to benefit a program designed to help service members and first responders suffering from PTSD.  They were received so well, I decided to stitch a couple more.  I had so many problems with this pattern though...and still there are errors I didn't want to fix.  I haven't decided yet if I'll donate this one or stitch another but here is Lady Liberty by Blackbird Designs.  I'll  eventually get this made into a drum...and that's another story.  I'll have to figure out how to do that...LOL  See if you can find my mistake in the bottom picture...



My husband generously gave me this SAL for Mother's Day.  He ordered them to arrive when they are released, the fabric and the floss.  I have been trying to keep up, and have finished the first two in the series and started the third.  These are Summer Schoolhouse Lessons 1, 2, and part of 3 by With Thy Needle & Thread.  These are stitched on 28 ct Lugana Light Taupe (the original fabric called for was Mushroom but they were out of it and I took their suggestion and started using this fabric.  I can't say I'm overly excited how it looks, but I'm getting used to it.)



I signed up for a Hallween Exchange in one of the Yahoo groups I belong to, and started stitching just in case things get a little hectic later on.  Here is a tease of two of the patterns I stitched.   Which one will I choose?  I'll show you next time after my partner has received her ornament!


While this next one isn't really considered a part of Gifted Gorgeousness, I thought I would show you my progress on This Corner of Earth SAL that I'm participating in.  I have finished part 9.  This is a SAL offered through Tempting Tangles and I just love stitching on it!


Remember, the drawing for the giveaway is happening on the 24th.  If you want to sign up to be in the running and see what I'm offering, please see the previous post and leave a comment!  Thanks for visiting...see you next time!

11 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, what a lot of gorgeous stitching!

Vickie said...

Your ornaments are super. I really, really like This Corner of Earth SAL. wOw!

Mary said...

Your finishes are just beautiful. I love your Tempting Tangles SAL.

Linda said...

Lovely stitching on all of your projects DJ.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love those little L&L angels, I have stitched several of them, some I have and some I gave away.
The Tempting Tangles SAL is beautiful too.

deb said...

Gorgeous stitching! Love the MLI freebie angels (am sure I have those somewhere...) and your Summer Schoolhouse pieces are absolutely beautiful!

stitchersanon said...

Wow! So much! I love the angels. Gorgeous.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Gosh, that is a lot of stitching you have been up to! I really love your ornaments and what a lovely and generous gift they will make! Before we know it it will be Christmas time, and I'll be wishing I had followed your lead and started early!

Julie said...

Such a lot of pretty things to see in this months GG post...well done on a productive stitching time.

Jo said...

beautiful stitching, love the Corner of Earth piece.

Kaisievic said...

A wonderful GG post, my dear. I particularly love the two little angels. Lovely stitching.