Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Running with scissors...

Do you ever have those moments when you feel like you can't get things done quick enough...and that one misstep will cost you dearly?  Welcome to my life right now!  LOL  Where there is too much going on that I can't stop, yet crazy things keep happening and my schedule changes almost hourly...

I had three appointments scheduled this week when Monday started.  Two have been cancelled but three have been added...and it's only Wednesday!!  I HAD Thursday free...so hoped to see my friend Astrid.  Two appointments were made and THEN....Astrid invited me to stay over night along with our "play date".  Heaven help me, and I say this with all sincerity.....I NEED A CLONE!!!

Well yesterday turned out to be a very productive day....thankfully!!  I found Christmas backing material for an ornament I have to make, and got two pictures framed that I will be donating to a charity for auction to support soldiers with PTSD.  Is anyone interested in attending the fundraiser?  Bill Johnson was a cousin of mine.  Here is some information for you!


And here are the pictures I'm sending in for the auction.



While chatting with the lady who was just putting backing and a wire on my framed piece....she saw how I had framed my pieces and asked if I was interested in a part time job.  Um.....I sure miss framing.....but do I want to work week nights and Saturdays?  I took the application and said I would have to think about it.  After all I'm going to NY in a couple of weeks and bringing my best friend since I was 7 years old back for a holiday.  AND...I have a wedding to help plan!!!!!  There's a discount on framing though.....decisions, decisions...

I was undecided what I wanted to take as my ornament for our St. Michaels weekend, I stitched and framed this little piece, but decided it was not what most of the ladies liked....here is EEEK by Sanman Originals...all framed up!


As if I haven't got enough stuff to do....I started another SAL.  This one is being offered by Tempting Tangles....the name intrigued me so I just had to join.  Here is the first portion of  Corner of the Earth.


I also determined I wanted to make some "strawberries" this year....you know the ones that Erica Michaels has been designing?  She created some called "The 12 Berries of Christmas" and so far I have finished stitching two of them.    The partridge in a pear tree....


And two turtle doves.


I have the patterns for the first 9, and once they are done I'm hoping to get them together and display them in a basket when Christmas rolls around (provided I can finish them in time).  Wish me luck!!

Off to get my ornament put together, I have to have it sent to Australia by the 15th of July...and when my partner has received it, I'll post a picture of it here.  

I've been cleaning out my room, sorting through my cross stitch stuff, and hope to have some give aways soon....so watch this space!  Till then....happy stitching!!

12 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What the what? Erica Michaels has the cutest 12 Days designs and nobody told me? I think I need them!
I also found the cutest and perfect wedding sampler for you in Cross Stitcher magazine this month. I'll email you a photo!
I say go for the job, the staff discount will save you a fortune. But make sure you prebook time for all the events you have planned.

KimM said...

What a lovely post - work?!?!? I'd rather stitch - HA!!
xxx

Julie said...

Hope you can get some enjoyable moments in your busy week.
Lovely things you are sending for the auction.
Looing forward to seeing you strawberries all completed.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It never rains but it pours, DJ. Hope you've had a chance to catch your breathe. Looking forward to seeing the strawberries completed.

Bekah said...

Sounds like you are pretty flat out. Let us know what you decide about the job, it might be a lot of fun to handle other peoples projects and finish them off. Great submissions for the auction and lovely Erica Michaels projects.

Mouse said...

Can't wait to see your finishes ... oooooo the job sounds just up your street.. especially part time :)love the frame for the eek looks fabulous :) love mouse xxxxx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

What a wonderful complement to be offered a job after your work has been viewed! Not surprising, of course, since your framing is beautiful, as is all your stitching.

Kerryp77 said...

Wow, so many beautiful pieces there. Love the Erica Michaels series.

Astrids dragon said...

They look wonderful framed, I hope they bring in lots of $$$!
Part time job - you pick the hours? That would be great for you!
I, for one, would have loved to have opened up that one at St. Michaels! (You could have given me a hint to chose it!) It's adorable.
When are we getting together?

Meari said...

You have been one busy lady! Your donation pieces were gorgeous. I hope they bring in some good money for the fundraiser.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are pretty flat out. Let us know what you decide about the job, it might be a lot of fun to handle other peoples projects and finish them off. Great submissions for the auction and lovely Erica Michaels projects.

ดูหนัง

MysteryKnitter said...

Oh boy, a wedding! I am very happy for the happy couple, and for you.