Monday, May 15, 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness St. Michaels Style...

It's that time again, time when we show the things we have stitched....either patterns that have been gifted to us, or things we have stitched for others, or things we have stitched with floss or fabric that have been given to us.  If you want to read more about it, you can visit Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, and if you want to see who is signed up, you can see what they've been stitching by clicking on their link on this page.  

It was our annual stitch retreat to St. Michaels.  As always it was a giggle fest.  But the best part about being there was the amazing amount of stitching we got done.  So without further ado.....

I was able to finish Leave a Light On.  This was a gift from my husband for my birthday last year.  I started it on the first of the year!  I changed the pattern just a wee bit (for those who have seen the pattern, I left off the beacon lights...they just didn't look right to me).  It is stitched on 28 count over one using the recommended threads.  It was a joy to stitch!  I think I'll miss stitching on this the most.


Next up is the free SAL from Linen & Things.  I am stitching this on  28 count Black over one using Bucilla threads.  These threads are no longer being made....and I haven't been able to find a conversion chart for the colors, they are 2460, 2464, and 2466.  You can find the pattern here, it's never too late to jump in!

I made an ornament for an exchange at our stitch retreat.  This was Spell of the Moon by Blackbird Designs. I did the finishing myself, the day before the retreat....nothing like procrastination....LOL


And now....just a few pictures from our retreat.  Here are a few things the stitchers were working on...






Here is a picture of all our exchange pieces.  We sure have a lot of talented stitchers and finishers in our group...what fun to be able to leave the weekend with such a lovely souvenir!


Here is a close up of the one I came home with.


We even had a little visit from the friendly frog...
 

We saw a little wildlife while we were there.  We watched this loon for quite a while, as it dove and looked for food.  It was hard to get a good picture because he was so far away.



I can't explain the serenity of this place...and I took this shot at night one night.  Not the best shot as I didn't have a tripod....but the colors came out pretty true...


And last is a picture of all of the ladies who attended.  Too much fun...as always.  Thanks ladies for such a wonderful weekend!



13 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely GG post! I really like your finish - it looks great :o) Your L&T SAL is amazing - I love the colours that you are using for it. Your retreat buddies are great and you are all very talented - love the range of exchange gifts you have shown :o)

Julie said...

Beautiful selection of gifts you all made to hand over to a friend as a reminder of happy times shared together, you look a lovely bunch of ladies.
Your SAL is stunning. Wonderful finish of Leave a Light on.
Love the serene evening snap you took.

Christine said...

Wonderful stitching and a great finish on Leave a Light On. The retreat looks as if it was great fun

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month and congratulations on the Happy Dance for Leave a Light On.
I stitched that Spell of the Moon and gave it away!
The retreat looks so much fun as usual and I Spy Astrid!

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful GG post - I adore Leave a Light On - what a fabulous finish. Your retreat looks like lots of fun.

Elfie said...

I have enjoyed my visit here today. The retreat sounds wonderful, and I am most impressed by the stitching achieved. Your projects are lovely.

Beth in IL said...

Looks like a lovely weekend!

Astrids dragon said...

There were bells ringing that weekend! I'm so lucky I got to see them up close, they really are stunning!
Already looking forward to next year...

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Your projects all look wonderful and the retreat looks like so much fun. I really wish I could find some like minded stitchers near me, even just to meet up with once in awhile and share some stitchy time. It looks like such a great time!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Glad you had a fun weekend. Leave a Light on looks wonderful. Given the amount of stitching you got done over that weekend, does this mean your stitching mojo is back?

Bekah said...

Glad the retreat was so much fun! Great finish, I love the design of the waves and the built in border.

Mini said...

Lovely finish. Am I right in guessing that you like to stitch on darker fabrics? The colors stand out on these fabrics.
Your retreat sounds so much fun, what fun to meet like minded people.

Meari said...

What a fun time! I love that little froggie bucket. Did you stitch the ornament over one?