Saturday, April 15, 2017

April Gifted Gorgeousness

Long time, no see...LOL  Yes, I know I just did a blog update yesterday, but this time I get to show you all the things I've been stitching for the gifted gorgeousness. (And then some!)  If you don't know what the Gifted Gorgeousness is, stop over to see Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  She organizes us all each month on the 15th to show things we are stitching that pertains to a gift.  Either a chart, fabric or floss that was given to us, or something we are stitching for someone else.  It's been a great way for me to bring myself to accountability.  You can read about her "rules" here if you would like to join in the fun.  And you can see what others are stitching by visiting her blog.

First off is the Linen and Threads Mystery SAL that I'm participating in.  You can find the patterns here.  They are still available so it's never too late to join in.  There is a facebook page where you can see all the beautiful colors people have chosen, and there are already 4000 members.  Here is my progress...


I'm still working on Leave a Light On which was a Birthday gift from my husband last year.  I'm not making a lot of progress, but every little bit helps, right?


I'm going to mention this here...I have finished an exchange piece I stitched for our annual St. Michaels retreat.  I can't show all of it because a few of the ladies visit my blog occasionally and I want it to be a surprise.  Here is a little snippet...I still need to finish it off, but by next month I'll be able to show the whole picture.


I've been a bit preoccupied lately with life in general.  The most exciting thing that has happened lately is that my son proposed to his girlfriend.  They are the cutest couple (and I am in no way impartial...LOL) and we couldn't be happier to welcome her into our little family.  No date has been set, but things are already being discussed.  I can't wait for the happy day!


13 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

The linen and threads sal is stunning. Enjoy the retreat and congrats to your son and future DIL.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your are making good progress on the Linen and threads SAL as well as your lighthouse project. Congratulations to your son and future DIL on their engagement.

Christine said...

Wow, that linen and thread design is stunning

Julie said...

Linen and Thread is fabulous
Congrats to your son and his future bride.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Linen & Threads is awesome! Gorgeous colour scheme.
Congratulations to the newly engaged couple and the future Mother of the Groom. Time for hat hunting and sampler choosing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps Thanks for taking part in GG this month!

Mouse said...

just love those mugs .... congratulations to the lovely couple ...
well done on the stitching front too ... the Sal is gorgeous :) love mouse xxxxxx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Linens and Things is gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your son!

Meari said...

Your projects are beautiful. Congrats to the newly engaged couple!

Justine said...

Congratulations to both families of the newly engaged couple! Wonderful news. Are you shopping for a wedding sampler now?!

Your projects are beautiful, I love your colour choices for the linen and threads SAL.

Bekah said...

Lovely work on the Linen and Threads SAL!

Mini said...

Lovely work on the SAL. Congrats to you and the family.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, congratulations to your son and his fiancee, such happy news. I am so loving your colour choices for the Linen and Thread SAL - just gorgeous!