Friday, February 18, 2011

Week End Wrap Up...

Hi Folks!

It's been a crazy week, and promises to be a crazy weekend too...but I'm up for it at least I HOPE I'm up for it! LOL

First though I want to pop a few pictures up here to show you what I've been up to. I did stitch on my UFO last night and a little bit today so I'll show you the progress...

Here's what it looked like last week...



And here's what it looks like today...



I also had to work on Sampler Romantique. I had a little trouble with it, thought about frogging it, did frog a little bit and found the dye from the floss had stained the fabric a bit, so decided not to frog the other BIG mistake I had made. I'm going to put the picture up here and see if you can see my mistake. If you can't, I'm going to leave it...so let's see if you Eagle Eyed people out there can see what I've done. LOL DH thought I should make a contest out of it, I still haven't quite decided if I should or not, I don't have anything to offer at the moment for a prize. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it for you.



And now I'm going to tell you what a horrible wife I am. My camera has an automatic cover over the lens that has begun to stick. I guess DH was tired of hearing me complain (not that I did that all THAT loud...LOL) and decided to get me a camera for Valentine's Day. Well, the store didn't have the camera he liked in stock, so he had to order it and it arrived yesterday. It was the perfect size (smaller than my already compact camera), perfect color (it was pink!!), and would take movies, as well as panoramic shots etc. BUT...the zoom was not as great as the zoom on my camera now, and that was a BIG issue with me. So...today we went back to the store to return it (aren't I AWFUL??) and get a new one. This one has a 10x optical zoom!! Imagine the bird pictures I'll get now! It's a little bit bigger than my other camera, but I hope it takes great pictures, we'll have to see. It's charging as I type! I'll let you know how that works out. LOL The funny thing is, the store didn't have this camera in stock either...so they sold me the display, for less money than the original one that DH picked out. So...not only did I get a better camera (in my opinion)...I got it at a better price! (guilt trip over) LOL The manager was wonderful...after he had heard all the rigamarole we had gone through...but when he came to check my items out, and looked at my ID, he looked puzzled, then said my hair style had changed. ROTFL if he only knew the truth!

I have a funny story to tell you, but shhhh, don't tell DH I told you. The birds were having a fit in the back yard the other day. DH and I couldn't understand why...we kept looking out at the bird feeders and they looked full. Later that day DH decided to check out the feeders to see if there was a problem with them...and discovered...are you ready for this?...He had filled the bird feeder with CAT FOOD!! It was late at night the last time he had fed them, and it was a dark night...at least that's HIS excuse and he's sticking to it. I thought I was the only one who did crazy things like that....and he didn't even have chemo! ROTFL

I don't know when I'll get a chance to write again, it's going to be a busy weekend. My former college roommate is coming to visit tomorrow, I am soooooooo excited! It's been a while since I've seen her, even though we keep in touch by facebook and phone calls, it's still going to be great to give her a hug!

Sunday, my family and I have been asked to give a video testimony of our experiences this past year for an annual celebration service. God has surely blessed us this year in ways I never imagined possible. I just hope I can put it into words without bawling...LOL

Monday is a holiday, and my guys will both be home. Looking at what is going on this weekend, I don't see much stitching in my future...*sigh*...oh well, there's always next week! Have a great weekend! *Hugs*

7 comments:

Connie said...

I just finished stitching the leafy section on my Romantique this pm, so I'm pretty familiar with it. I've looked at yours very carefully, but I guess I'm not eagle-eyed enough to spot your mistake - unless it's a misplaced backstitch on the light pink section? And I'd not change that because it makes your piece uniquely your own! Besides, when it's hanging on the wall, no one will notice unless you point it out.

As far as the camera, your DH is definitely a great guy - he just didn't know quite what you wanted/needed in a camera! Hope it works well for you. (Guess we'll know the next time you post pictures, huh!)

Tricia T said...

Well, I don't have a clue where your mistake is. It looks good to me! Thanks for the cat food laugh. That made me giggle out loud!! :-)

Edy said...

There is no way that I can see anything wrong with your Sampler. The only reason to correct anything is if it will drive you crazy - no one else ever sees it! The Rose Quaker is coming along beautifully.
Enjoy the long weekend.

Mouse said...

hellooo DJ well I've spotted two bits ;) and i'm stitching on mine too hopefully today, all being well :) .... nice one with the camera and mmmmm cat food for birds and interesting dilemma there hahaha. Enjoy your friends visit :) love mouse xxxxx

stitchin' girl said...

Hi DJ,

Your stitching is fabulous. Nice progress on the first piece.

I think I can see what is wrong in the Romantique Sampler, but only because I think I have made the same error. I believe that the bottom stitches should all line up at the same place, and your section 3 like mine, is a stitch lower than section 2.

I think your stitching is lovely and I personally would not take it out or change it in any way (mine is staying as is).

Have fun!

Astrids dragon said...

It all looks fabulous to me!

Can't imagine who was more confused, the birds or the cats!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Love the Quaker samplers - I started one once, on (I think) 36 count linen - stitching over one :o0 Needless to say I didn't get too far with it, and it's one of the few projects that I have 'binned' because I decided it just wasn't worth it!