Thursday, May 6, 2021

May the Fourth be with you!

 I'm a little late posting for Star Wars day, but I did remember on the 4th, so I deserve a little credit!  LOL!!  I think next year I'm not going to participate in any challenges and just stitch what I love to stitch.  (Famous last words, since I'm a sucker for SALs...haha)  Anyway, just a little update on Star Wars the cross stitch (not the movie).  I've had this pattern for a few years, and only seem to stitch on it on May the 4th.  I need to do more, but keep forgetting about it because of challenges, SALs, exchanges...well you get the idea.  Anyway...here's the pattern...



And here is where I started on the 4th...



And here is where I ended on the evening of the 4th.  



I must say, I am a little impressed with my progress!!  I think I'll leave this in a more prominent place so I stitch on it more often.  One of my Facebook friends suggested I stitch on it on the 4th each month.  Great idea, except for the fact I'm a stitching demon on the first part of the month working on challenges for the month.  Hopefully I will have more done before the next May 4th (AKA Star Wars Day).  *sigh*  I have a lot of distractions these days.

Baseball season is upon us!  And we love our Baltimore Orioles!  Yesterday was exciting because John Means stitched a No-No.  No hits, no runs.  There was one wild pitch that sent a runner to first base, but he was thrown out trying to steal second, otherwise it would have been a perfect game.  They are very rare, and exciting to watch!

In other news....LOL!!  I am caught up on Winter Quaker SAL by Wiehenburg.  This is being stitched on 28 count Navy over one and I love how it's coming out!



And I'm caught up with the Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL.  This is stitched on 40 count ivory over two.  It looks a little wonky, but it will look much better once it's stretched correctly.  I have a hard time getting fabric straight in a Q-snap frame.  You will probably see this again (with a little more stitched)  for the Gifted Gorgeousness post on the 15th.  See you then!  



Oh!  And I nearly forgot....Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo!  My Cinco duckies wish you a happy May 5th!!



And until next time, Happy Stitching!!   

2 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: Nice post, I sure would like to see the Star Wars progress.
I am not one for SAL's I just cannot justify doing one with all the designs I want to stitch, however it is fun to see what other stitcher's are doing with SAL's.
Both your design are showing great progress, that Peppermint Purple Blackwork is so pretty as is Winter Quaker simply beautiful.
Your ducks are a hoot so cute.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the idea of stitching this on the 4th of each month. It will only put you one day behind! Or you could go for the 24th just to be different LOL