Monday, May 17, 2021

A bright idea...

Sometimes inspiration comes in unusual places.  I was walking around a store on Saturday looking for a unique way to finish off Peace Rose by Blackbird designs.  I saw someone post this in a group on Facebook and remembered that I had the pattern.  I also had the fabric called for....and within a couple of days, I had a finish!   But I wanted to finish it off in a different way.  I wandered by the "lanterns" in Hobby Lobby, and this particular one caught my eye.  Not only was the color what I was looking for, but the front seemed to be the perfect size...I laced it to some matboard I had at home...and voila'!  I think I really like it!  Not only was it something I thought would work, it was 50% off!  Win win!



I bought a few other things too, that I'm going to try to use to fully finish off some things...so watch this space!  And keep your eyes open, you never know what might inspire you!  Happy Stitching!! 

4 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It can be hard to find new ways of finishing/presenting our stitching. This works really well. Will you be able to swap the designs in your lantern?

Donna G. said...

What a beautiful finish! I never would have thought about using a lantern. Thanks for the inspiration.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your lantern finish, DJ! Well done! Even better that it was 50%!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea! I shall have to keep an eye out for lanterns now.