Monday, March 8, 2021

SALing Along...

Whew....it's been a while since I've posted anything.  There have been some days when DH was home for one reason or another, and I never seem to get much done while he's home.  We did spend one day organizing some new drawer sets I bought and reorganized my floss.  Now all of it has been put away...YAY!  I have been working on a Round Robin I received in the mail the other day, so we will start there.  I love how this turned out, especially the little sheep!  This Dutch Tile is from a 2006 CrossStitcher Magazine.



I sent Dans mon Jardin, by Jardin Prive'.  This is what I sent, but here is a picture of the pattern for the 15 sided biscornu.  This is stitched on Tea Dyed Lugana 28 ct over two.




Next is Winter Quaker, a SAL by Wiehenburg.  This is being stitched on Navy 28 ct. over one.  I dearly love this one, though I have to admit, the pieces are large and take a fair amount of time to stitch each month.  I'll be glad when this one is finished, I can't wait to hang it on my wall!



Next is the Modern Folk Embroidery SAL for 2021.  It's called The Fruit of Plenty, I love the motifs in this pattern...but I also like the Assissi feel to it as well.  I even love the colors!  This is stitched on Antique White 28 ct. over one.  People have been asking what colors I chose, but I'm not going to post them.  I think everyone should chose the ones that "speak" to them.



I am loving this Peppermint Purple SAL I have been working on as well.  This is stitched on 40 ct over two Antique Ivory.  Again, I'm not posting the color because I think everyone should choose a color that suits them.  This last pattern really drove my eyes bananas!  LOL  But I do love how it looks when finished!



It may be a week or so before I post again for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.  I have a few things I will be able to post then.  Till then, Happy Stitching and thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, great SALs. A tidy floss box always feels satisfying doesn't it :-) I really like your Dans le Jardin, I'm looking forward to seeing it grow.

diamondc said...

DJ: Your Tile is beautiful, I do remember seeing this in a magazine, I do like going back to old magazines and looking at patterns I want to stitch, some are becoming very popular nowadays.
Your Modern Folk is lovely, as is the Peppermint Purple, Winter Quaker is a stunning piece, I do hope you post a photo of it hanging on the wall.
Have a wonderful day.

Catherine

Sheryl said...

What lovely designs, I really like all the blue tones and the pretty Dutch Tile.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The RR piece is lovely. Is that a style you are particularly keen on yourself? I think it's very pretty but doesn't match my house!
Love the Winter Quaker though, that looks stunning on the fabric you chose. I've definitely got house room for that one LOL

Christine said...

Great stitching, I love the Fruit of Plenty one

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful SAL pieces your are working on, DJ! And the round robin piece is lovely.