Friday, February 19, 2021

This week's recap...

Whew!  It's been a crazy week.  I was just talking to my husband this morning about the week.  I'm glad it's Friday, and I hope next week is better!  Monday was a holiday so DH, DS and I spent part of the day packing more things and moving them to their new apartment.  There is still more to move...even now!  But they wanted to move things in shifts so they could gradually get things  settled.  The weather had other ideas!  LOL  It's been ice storms galore in our neck of the woods.  DH was home two days this week because of the weather, had one day where he had appointments, and today was a delayed opening.  It was good for our son, I think, because he got some stuff done at their apartment that he might not have done otherwise.  We have most of the old apartment cleaned and ready to hand in the keys, just a few little odds and ends to pack up (mostly big pictures that needed to be moved separately).  I'll be glad when it's all done! 

Needless to say, I haven't had much time to stitch.  I did a little bit on Anniversaries of the Heart...



I did a little bit on the Peppermint Purple SAL, and got caught up on that...



And I was able to finish two of the monthly series I'm working on.  First is the February for Di Cecelia Votta...



And the second is February for Little House Needlworks.  These were fun little stitches, but now I hope to get a little bit ahead.  My goal is to make these into pillows to display each month, and change them when the month is over.  We will see how that works out...LOL!!



I guess that's all for now.  I'm working on Little House Needleworks March as soon as I'm done this blog post...and hoping to video chat with my Long Island pal.  Thank goodness for these techie advances, it would be a lonely world without them today!

Happy Stitching!!!

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

You've stitched quite a bit despite being busy, and blog writing takes time too, there's been a rush of posts from everyone this month with Valentine's and Blog Hopping. I don't know how we would have all managed through these restrictions if we didn't have modern technology, going back to my childhood in the 1970s it would have been very different.

diamondc said...

DJ: You have been very busy with needle and fabric, I am totally in love with Peppermint Purple, the different stitch's are wonderful.
All your designs are lovely, February is so sweet.
Have a wonderful day

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad that you made the most of the time off! Hope they are settling into their new house too.
Love the February Lady, is she off to Mardi Gras with her masks? What a shame we can't wear those ones instead of face masks!

Tiffstitch said...

Well done catching up despite a busy week. I find my stitching and especially blogging suffers on the stressful ones. Lovely stitching!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You've stitched what I would manage in a non-busy week, DJ :)

Kaisievic said...

DJ, you did have a busy week but you also found some time to do some lovely stitching.

Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely stitching on all the pieces. First time visiting here. Enjoyed reading your post. Will be following you.

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome stitching going on at your house! Love the February block!