Saturday, November 28, 2020

Time to Deck the Walls...

I know some of you are going to hate me for this....but I honestly don't know all the names of all these pieces.  I have been stitching for over 50 years (I started when I was 7!!) and I have since lost most of the information in all the moves I've made over the years.  I'll do the best I can with some of these.  A few I framed this year...so I guess you can add some of these to the FFO list!

I found this awesome frame at Hobby Lobby.  This is one of the new ones this year, called Dance by the Light of the Moon by the Nebby Needle.  I finished this in January of this year.  I could not wait to get this framed!!!



Next was a series by JBW Designs.  I participated in a Round Robin several years ago now, and this has been stretched and placed in a frame I found at Hobby Lobby (we called them an ooops frame...where it was made to fit something but they measured wrong...I picked it up for $5.00 I think...wasn't I lucky?



This next one was a SAL I participated in when Wiehenberg had their Yahoo group.  I was able to keep up...and have always loved this one!



The next two were Dimensions kits.  The smaller one has been discontinued and I gave the pattern to a tablemate at a retreat I attended.  I love how cheerful the colors are in this one, and how it looks like the stained glass was lit from within.  



The larger one is still available but for the life of me I can't remember it.  Sorry for the horrible glare, it's impossible to get good pictures on pieces with glass on them.



Next is a Stoney Creek pattern I stitched for my Mom years ago.  I can't remember the name of this one either, but I'm pretty sure it came from a magazine.  She loved birds...and some of these same birds visit our feeder now...



Next was a piece that took years to stitch.  It was a Kit I found and had to search for.  I just love this one.  I finished it in January of this year (I think) and immediately got it framed hoping to enter it in the State Fair this year.  It's called Winter's Majesty.



Next Is another piece I had framed this year hoping to enter it in the fair.  I also finished it late last year.  It's called Chanson de Noel by Ekatrina Chaykouskaya.  I have a companion piece that I started...I should dig that out on a WIP Wednesday if I have time next year.



This one is a Little House Needlework piece, but I can't remember the name...sorry.  I love all these Christmas Carols and thought it was sweet all in one piece.



This last one is my ultimate favorite.  I wish I had put glass over it because I think the fabric is beginning to fade.  This was from a magazine that I can't remember the name of and was only in exsistance for a short while.  Possibly only a year (I have all the copies, but this one was their premier edition)  You can't tell from the picture but there are all kinds of stitching in there, metallic threads, beads and all kinds of glittery things.  I love the saying...I love how their faces look like what I picture the wise men to look like...it really is my all time favorite Christmas decoration next to the nativities I have collected.  



I have more waiting in the wings to fully finish...and I will get to them shortly!  I hope you don't get tired of seeing all these...

I love this time of year...and always look forward to pulling out my favorite stitched pieces to admire for a while.  I hope you are able to decorate and celebrate wherever you are.....and Happy Stitching!!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I could never bet tired of seeing your stitching DJ what a lovely collection. I don't have many framed projects as I tend to stitch small things. I really like your Dance by the Light of the Moon, can you put glass in your favourite one? You made me think too, I stitched my first item aged 9 so have been stitching over 45 years .... I always say over 20 years when asked oops ! Stay well, stay safe x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

DJ, you've been busying posting over the past 10 days and I've only caught up with them all this morning. Each post has been a delight to read as I've enjoyed seeing all your finishes. These framed pieces are gorgeous.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful Finish Parade! I might do the same when I get mine out next week.
I love that final design, the colours are stunning! I have a lovely stained glass design of the Three Kings which was also in a magazine year back.
I've only been stitching for 27 years, although I did stitch a mat on Binca when I was about 7 years old!

Katie said...

Just gorgeous. Love looking at each one. Thanks for sharing.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! D.J., these are all so gorgeous. I love, love, love Chanson de Noel. I have stitched and finished the CCN design, too - it is called Winter Wonderland. Such a pretty design. You can see my finish here: https://kittenstitching.blogspot.com/2020/03/ffo-post-for-march.html

Meari said...

I've seen most of these on FB, but it was so wonderful to see them again. Love them all!