Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Stitching While Isaias Passes By


What  a year this has been so far!  Seems we go from one catastrophe to the next.  The bulk of Isaias has passed, we are expecting more showers this evening, but as of now the sun is shining!  Whew....

I guess I'll always remember our 36th Wedding Anniversary!  Yes, today I've been married 36 years!!  I've had a pretty interesting life, thanks to my dear husband who was in the military.  We've lived in different countries, traveled, and made friends around the world.  It hasn't been an easy life, but we've tackled it together.  Through the worst of times, through scary times, through illnesses, and more...but he's been a saint through it all.  I consider myself pretty blessed!

I've always stitched during storms, and living in the mid-Atlantic region we get our fair share of them!  So while everyone else was out buying toilet paper, bread and milk...I was keeping my fingers busy.

First I stitched 8 Maids a Milking from the 2019 Stoney Creek Magazines (they were published over 4 issues during 2019)  I just love these ornaments, and hopefully will get them finished into ornaments for Christmas this year (unlike the ones I stitched last year!).  These are stitched on 28 count white over two.



Then I stitched the 8th part of the Birds and Blackwork SAL designed by Leslie Teare.  This is also stitched on 28 count white over two.  I enjoy stitching the blackwork, but dislike outlining, what's up with that?  haha



Then I stitched Purrfect Stockings by Swallick Stitchery from the 2019 JCS Ornament Issue.  I love the black cat.  I didn't have the called for Mill Hill stars, so improvised with some I found at my LNS.  This is stitched on 36 count natural over two using DMC floss.



This morning I finished A Christmas Stocking by Plum Street Samplers from the  2013 JCS Ornament issue.  I'm not sure what fabric was called for, but anything I laid the DMC floss against just didn't call to me until I found this 40 count Vintage Pear.  I love how old fashioned it looks now that it's finished.  I stitched it over two.  It's still pretty small, but I like the size.  Now to bite the bullet and learn to finish off these stockings!  I can do this....I'm just a chicken!  LOL!!!



Ok, I'm off to work on Gloria until I catch up...part 16 was just released last week and I'm doing my best to keep up!  Till I see you again, keep safe, keep healthy, and Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Terri said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary. Definitely one to remember. Love all your stitching. Thanks for sharing.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A belated Happy Anniversary DJ.
You have been busy stitching. I enjoy seeing all your different projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary, 36 years is a great achievement.
Love this month's stitching. My 8th Day design just features the cow, no maids at all!
The stockings and cat look great, it was a good choice this month.

Unknown said...

Love the Plum Street Stocking and fabric is a good choice. I bought some of it this past summer. Denise