Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Does stitching a snow scene make you cool?

Good question, don't you think?  I thought that stitching a snowman might make me think of cooler times...hahaha  Sadly it didn't work.  As we reach the 25th day in a row with temperatures reaching over 90 degrees (and the heat index reaching 100 most days) I keep hoping the days will cool off.....no such luck!  But thankfully someone invented the air conditioner many years ago and we are the lucky recipients of their technology!  I feel like a hermit!!

Anyway....I received a lovely gift from my Montana friend, Cindy...she asked me if I would like this publication from Craftways called Hoops for the Holidays.  I said ... yes please! and if you pick one of the patterns inside, I'll stitch it for you!  So...here it is finished!!  It's called Gentle Hearts make Christmas Heavenly!!  I'm kicking around ideas how to finish it off...it's stitched on 28 count light blue over one with a few color changes.  I will get it finished off soon and into the mail for her...I hope she likes it when she sees it up close!!  LOL


I've been working on a few other things.  United We Stand (an exclusive kit from Blackbird Designs and sold through Quilters Station) arrived a couple of weeks ago...but I've been busy with Cindy's piece...I finally sat down to get it started two days ago.  I love the design...I had trouble finding a hoop/frame to stitch it on....so I had trouble getting into the stitch groove.  I've frogged and lost my place, and any number of issues...but it's finally on the go!  I haven't taken a picture of it today, so I'm a little farther along than this picture, but here it is so far.  This fabric is a challenge for me to stitch on (Others really like it) so I'm struggling, but I'm determined...I love the look of the finished project!  I'll get there...!!!  This was a gift from DH for our anniversary next week.  This is our 36th!!  The man must be a saint to put up with me all these years!!


I took on a huge project for our church, and I'm wishing I hadn't...LOL  I did start it, but it's going to take some doing to get me motivated.  After I said I would stitch it they wanted me to change some things about it...so  now my heart isn't in it...oh well...I'll trudge along...Here's where I am so far...


Today was a day!!  I've been running around like a crazy woman since I got up...Bank business (that took an hour), card  store, bird store for bird seed, call to the life insurance company (for the umpteenth time), and later the grocery store.  And I still have a couple of things to do tomorrow...it's either feast or famine around here!  LOL  Looks like I'll go back to hermitting on Friday!  I'm off to get some stitching done...what are you all up to?  Keep safe and Happy Stitching!!


4 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Sorry to hear about your high temperatures! Apparently we will have 30°C here in the U.K. on Friday (86°F) and we are just not used to that, I’ll be indoors all day to keep out of the heat!
Love your Christmas stitching, very pretty.
Good luck with all your stitching, especially the church stitchery (naughty of them to change things after you were given the project).
Nice catching up with you.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Robin in Virginia said...

Your WIPs look good and that snowman piece is adorable! I'm tired of the heat and humidity. The Charlottesville VA has had 34+ days of 90 or more. Yuck!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Looking forward to seeing how you finished the snowman design. It will be a lovely gift.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It would be nice if snow cooled us down and dragons warmed us up!
It is a lovely design anyway.
What is the troublesome fabric you are using? I find a loose weave linen is a real nuisance to stitch on.
I do like the floral vines though, they look fun to stitch.