Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Whew....I made it!


And I lived to tell the tale!  LOL  I made my goal of stitching on something different every day!  Yay!!  Now to go back and finish up the things I started...and get my June stitching done too!  This month should be a piece of cake!  (I hope I didn't jinx myself!)

The last two days of May were a blur because so much was going on here in real life...haha.  I never though I would be this busy during a quarantine...but this is ME we are talking about...haha.

So on the 30th I stitched on Santa Basket.  This is a piece from the Cross Stitch Christmas 2003 issue.  When I started I thought he might be a quick stitch...man was I WRONG!!  I know you can't see it in the picture, but his beard has pearl Kreinik blending filament in it...I HATE that stuff but LOVE the way it looks.  I read a little while ago to stitch the cotton floss first, then just do the half stitch of the blending filament over the top.  I have to say it really does look better to me, so have been doing it that way since.  Keep in mind that almost doubles your stitching though.  UGH!!  His beard took the longest of everything!  I was going to give this as a gift to a friend of mine who likes Santas, but I fell in love with the little guy...so don't tell my friend...but I'm keeping him for myself!  LOL!!!  (I really doubt I'll stitch that little time sucker again!).  He is stitched on 40 count white over two, so I'm wondering if the jingle bell is a little too big for him...but I'm leaving him just the way he is!  I only got this far...


But I loved him so much that I worked a few more days and finished him up last night.  So now he looks like THIS!  The reason he's called Santa Basket is because he's supposed to be finished on top of a basket...but I think I'll finish him as a round ornament.  Watch this space, hopefully in a few weeks I'll be getting some finishing done!


On the 31st I pulled out Kringles from Little House Needleworks.  I LOVE this pattern...but I HATE working on this blasted roof!  My patience can only handle so much of this part of the pattern.  I'll nibble away until I have the roof done, then hopefully the rest will come along quickly.  I didn't get far this day, and went back to the Santa.


And that's a wrap for Maynia.  Hopefully June will bring a lot of finishes, fingers crossed!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I think y our Santa will work well as a round ornament DJ. Given the size of the design, I would have stitched it expecting it to be completed quickly.

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, your Santa is darling. Well done! He will make a super round ornament. Good luck on the Kringles roof!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Santa is so cute and will certainly make a round ornament.

Julie said...

I'll have to remember your advice with Krenik, I don't know anyone who likes to stitch with it. Santa does look adorable.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Santa is adorable! My first experience with Kreinik was the blending filament and I hated it. It put me off Kreinik for years but then I tried the #4 braid and really like it.

Unknown said...

I'm working on Kringles too! You and I should switch. I hate doing the little rooms, would rather do the roof and other full stitching. Denise