Saturday, May 23, 2020

Playing Maynia Catch Up....


Don't ask me where I've been...I couldn't tell ya...LOL!!  The past week was a blur.  I lost all track of days, I couldn't tell you what I've done, or who I talked to.  I switched projects every day and hopefully I made enough notes so I know what I stitched on each day, but I'm making no promises.  I've heard it called COVID Fog.   I might blame it on allergies.  I do know I wound up last night with a fierce headache and it feels like the left side of my face is on fire.  I think it all settled into my sinuses and my ear...if I'm not better by Monday I'll call the Doc.  In the meanwhile, I'll try to write out this blog post with as few grammatical and spelling errors as possible.  LOL  I want/need to record what I'm doing otherwise I'll forget.  

I want to thank those who faithfully comment on my blog and I do apologize for not answering you as often as I should.  I'm trying hard to limit my time online as I really think all the wretched news and exposure to whatever emits from these devices are not good for you!!  I find when I sit down I open Facebook and I just get sucked in.  So far I've been able to keep my opinions to myself for the most part but some of the things people write are upsetting and it's bad enough I have to hear daily rants from DH who keeps the news on almost 24/7.  It's tough living with a person with a Political Science degree.  LOL

Ok, on to the important stuff.  Let's see....where did I leave off?  (Pulling up my blog in another window... )  Holy smokes has it really been since May 15th??  This is really going to test the old grey matter.  Ok...here goes....

On May 15th I stitched on Vierlanden Diamond Stags by Weihenburg Designs.  I am using Pacific  Blue Gloriana silk and this is stitched on 28 count ivory over one.  I love how this is coming out...I'm not sure why it was stuck in a box and stored for so many years, but in cleaning out some boxes I found it.  As soon as Maynia is over I hope to devote some more time to this!  The last time I stitched on this was in April 2017.  Here are before and after photos




On May 16th I stitched up a Wedding Ornament by Shannon Christine Designs real quick.  I thought it was appropriate to stitch this on the 16th as that would have been Ben and Heather's wedding day had the virus not caused it to be rescheduled.  Turns out it was serendipitous that the wedding had been postponed as Ben developed appendicitis that morning and spent nearly the rest of the day in the Emergency Room and had an emergency appendectomy that evening.  The Lord truly works in mysterious ways!  They sure will have some lovely stories to tell their kids and grandkids one day!  This was stitched on 40 count Burch over two.


On May 17th I worked on Tulip Shaker Box by Jeanette Douglas Designs.  I found this while on vacation in Ocean City.  I love her designs, and thought I had found all the fibers I needed...then realized when I went to start it that I didn't.  Don't ask me to recall which ones I substituted...and quite frankly I'm not in love with how this is turning out so I may switch colors later.  I couldn't even tell you what fabric I'm using....COVID brain strikes again!  I think it might be 40 count flax over two.


On May 18th I worked on a Dimensions kit Elegant Bookmarks I bought a few years ago.  I'm thankful my friends are either as forgetful as I am, or REALLY forgiving...haha.  I bought this while my friend, Donna, was visiting from NY.  I promised to stitch these for her and then kinda lost the kit.  While cleaning I found it and thought I would stitch one up real quick for Maynia....well, that didn't happen.  It's stitched on 14 count Aida, and there are a lot of 1/2 and 1/4 stitches so it's driving me mad and slowing me waaaaaay down.  Maybe by her birthday next January I'll get er done.  Fingers crossed!!  



On May 19th I worked on Be Well by Hewitt Hill Samplers.  This is one of the quarantine freebies that are out there.  I wanted to stitch on one while locked down...and I thought this would be perfect as my thoughts have been on Ben...hoping he didn't contract anything while in the ER the previous Saturday.  He's feeling much better these days so hopefully he dodged getting the virus.  This is stitched on 40 count Vintage Mocha over two.  I should have stitched it on white, I think it would have looked a little more colorful.


On May 20th I stitched on 12 Berries of Christmas - 8 Maids a Milking by Erica Michaels.  I started this series a while ago...and I really hope to finish up the last 4 this year.  I would love to display them at Christmas time along with the other set of 12 Days ornaments I hope to finish this year.  I think this is stitched on 32 count Mocha over two.


On May 21st I stitched on Quakers in France.  I started this when the SAL started...I think it was last year.  It got set aside when I had to go to NY to take care of my Mother's estate...and I kind of lost track of it again.   This is another one that I found while cleaning out things earlier this year.  I had the first part done, and I thought I would finish at least one other part...no such luck.  But I do like the colors of the motifs in this one, so hopefully when the month is over I can get back to some of these half finished items and get them done!  This is stitched on 40 count vintage mocha over two.  For once I have before and after pictures!!!



On May 22nd I pulled out another one I found while cleaning.  This is a combination of Sheep in the Meadow by Country Cottage Designs and the Sheep Virtues by Little House Needleworks.  I'm going to be changing some of the colors to help them to look good together.  I started this so many years ago I can't remember when....and realized I made a huge mistake.  This is stitched on 28 natural over one...and a good portion needed to be frogged before I could begin stitching on it again.  I spent two hours frogging, and then filled in a little bit before I set it aside for the night.  Pat Carson recently posted a graph that explained how it had to be altered so it would fit and now I have guidance how to stitch it up correctly.  I love this one so much and am excited to be back on the right track!  This one will be hard to put down once I have time to devote to it!  Here are before and after pictures....remember I frogged a TON of over one, so the smaller picture is the most recent.



That brings me to today.  I had set aside the Nativity by Heaven and Earth Designs to work on today, but since I woke up with this nagging headache, I think it might be too hard to concentrate on.   I think I'll go back up and rethink what I'll stitch today...and hopefully will be back soon with pictures to show you what I've been up to!  I hope you have a thoughtful and respectful Memorial Day weekend, remembering those who have fallen in defense of our country.  It's a gorgeous day here today, I might take a walk and meditate on how grateful I feel that I live in this great country....and remember those who gave all for our freedom.  Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Donna G. said...

I love what you’ve done on the Weihenburg Designs pattern. The blues are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing progress reports on this one.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely projects you highlighted today! Praying for your son and his body's healing from the removal of his appendix. Also praying that your headache subsides, DJ!

Julie said...

Warmest wishes for you and the family.
I know the heartache of a cancelled wedding, my daughter was due to marry June 20th.
Lots of lovely projects you've been working on.
Take care, with love and blessings

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you have been busy, you seem to have got a lot done on all your projects. I love the Quaker design, there are some lovely colours in there.
I do hope Ben is recovering, how strange that it happened the very day he was supposed to be getting married.

I hear you on the News too. Our two countries seem to be competing to see who can be the most foolhardy and dismissive of the ordinary people. At least British people seem to have the ability to laugh at their politicians, there are some excellent jokes going around FB!! It really is all we can do right now.