Friday, April 3, 2020

Bobbing along...

Anybody remember that song?  Or am I just an old Fuddy Duddy?  There was a song in the Disney movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks...when they were floating at the bottom of the Beautiful Briney Sea in their bed...singing this song...  When I find myself puttering around the house without a rhyme or reason, this song pops into my head...and I guess that's what I've been doing for the past little while.  It's hard to keep a routine when there is someone else rattling around in our little townhouse when I'm usually here by myself.  He's not used to having nothing to do...so I have to keep inventing things for him to do to keep himself busy.  Yesterday I devised a plan to help organize my floss.  He's been working at it for a while now...so I've been able to get a little stitching done!  Yippee!!  But...I still keep bopping between projects...does anyone else feel unsettled?

So April 1st I decided to start the SAL with LHN and their newest design, Kringles.  I didn't get far...so here is my progress.  I am using the fabric they suggested.  30 count Parisian Grey from Access Commodities over two.


I also worked on Marie Antoinette by Chatelaine.  I'm working this on 32 count black.  I worked on the green Jessica Stitches, but I'm not sure I'm doing them correctly.  They may all look different...haha...but they are getting done! 


Last is what I worked on yesterday and the day before.  It's called Blooming Bouquets - Thankful by Jeanette Douglas.  I love the fabric, 40 count Heartland over two using the recommended threads.  


So...that's what I've been stitching on while my brain keeps bobbing along.  I've read a few articles lately that explains why we may feel unsettled during this time.  It's a combination of anxiety and fear about the uncertainty of the world today.  Be forgiving of others who appear less empathetic or irritable or depressed.  It is a very human response to what is happening in the world today.  I'm thankful for my stitching (when DH allows me time for it!!) and for electronic means of connecting with others.  Here's to keeping mentally and physically healthy!  Happy Stitching!!

6 comments:

deb said...

They only bobbing song that comes to mind is Red, Red Robin (yeah, I'm old), but somehow that doesn't feel right for Bedknobs....

Lovely work! Really like that sampler.

Robin in Virginia said...

I don't think the Bobbing Along song that plays around in my head is the same as yours. Your 3 pieces are looking good, DJ. I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I describe my general wandering around as pottering, DJ. Doing plenty of that these days. Thankfully I have plenty of projects to keep me occupied. Your projects are looking good.

Julie said...

DH and I have been making a list each day of things we would like to get done. He can check the list and I can get on with my things LOL.
Three lovely projects, i really must get some 40ct and give it a try.

Katie said...

I was for a long time but now I'm doing a little better. Finally able to focus on my stitching it seems. Some days are better than others of course. Take care. Keep up that gorgeous stitching. Tell hubby get a hobby for himself haha.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Bobbing Along was also the theme song for a children's TV show here about two fuzzballs who travelled around in a converted vacuum cleaner!
I really like the new Kringles design, I would do it as separate Ornaments and display them in a dolls house style frame. That would be a nice job for your husband!