Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Stitching kindness...

Has everyone noticed the generosity of the Needlework community during this time?  I'm amazed at the lovely little free patterns being posted by almost all the designers I know!  I've been following the #bewellandstitch through the different groups online that I belong to, and if you google that hashtag, you can find even more online.  One of my favorite blackwork designers, Banu Demeril, of Seba designs, disappeared from the scene a few years ago due to trade problems in her country.  She had the prettiest blackwork designs.  I had my eye on one of them for quite some time but before I could buy it she had to take all her work down.  She just offered it for free on her facebook page.  I'm in tears here seeing all the generosity of these designers who are being so kind.  It's so refreshing to see how we are all coming together to help one another cope during this time.  It gives me hope after reading all the terrible stories of people trying to gouge prices on necessities.  I understand the need for self preservation, but cannot, for the life of me, understand how people can be so self serving and cruel during a crisis.  I'm praying daily for those to see the light, and for the safety of the rest of us.

So last night DH and I watched the movie, Midway.  I have a lot of admiration for the strength of character and valor of those men who fought so valiantly, even knowing their missions were, most likely, suicide missions.  I had the privilege of knowing so many military men, my husband, father and father-in-law included, and most of them were good men...kind, courageous, and full of integrity.  When you see what they may have seen in their days as soldiers, sailors and airmen, it makes me even more proud to call them friends.  Anyway...it was a really good movie, if you like that sort of genre.  

I worked a bit on Creation while I was watching the movie, and when the movie ended, I put my needle down, then looked to see how far I had stitched.....here is where I stopped.


When I read it, it made me laugh....I really should finish stitching the T H....it looks like it says that God created the heavens and the ear.  LOL!!!  I guess it will depend on what DH has lined up for today.  If the weather holds we will probably go for a walk.  Yesterday we saw this little guy near our neighbors steps.  He's a pretty big guy!!  And a little too early for Easter!   I think this is the culprit that has been eating my flowers...naughty Benjamin Bunny!!


I hope your quarantine is going well.  Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm hoping that out of this adversity can come some good things and people will emerge better and more tolerant and giving to others. The communication levels have increased and families seem to be making more contact with each other over various technological methods. That's got to be a good thing.
Take care

Robin in Virginia said...

That is a huge bunny! Thanks for the chuckle with where you left off on your stitch, DJ. Take care!

Katie said...

I've seen all the generosity and it's beautiful. We can make this world better if we all try a little bit. Love your bunny. We normally have several in our yard. They aren't around yet. We do have a cute little possum stopping by a lot. Which I'm okay with since they eat ticks. I LOLed at your stitching and had to explain to my family. I guess God did create the ear but to make a beautiful stitching piece out of it is a little weird haha.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was so happy to see Banu back. Did you see that people can treat her to something from her Ravelry wish list if they want to repay her? I thought that was a lovely idea.
I did laugh at your finishing point too, ears are very important but maybe not enough to dedicate an entire Sampler to!
The bunny is sweet and quite large too.