Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Social Distance stitching...

It's a crazy time we are living in!!  How are you surviving the Corona Virus pandemic?  Me?  I may have to be admitted to the psych ward after I'm done social distancing.  LOL  DH has been ordered to stay home until the government says it's ok for him to go back to work.  He's over 60 amid a few other things.  Our son is jealous!  LOL  This isolation is going to kill him (if I don't do it first...haha).  The man doesn't know how to sit still...he needs a hobby!!  I'm willing to share my stash (I know...no sacrifice is too great!!) but he seriously can't sit still.  So he's organizing things around the house.  As soon as I hear him rummaging around in things, I go see what he's up to.  I swear if he moves things and puts them where HE thinks it makes sense, I'll never see those things again!!  LOL  Don't get me wrong....I love him dearly, honest I do.  But opposites attract and we are as opposite as they come!

He went for a walk yesterday so while he was gone I got a little stitching in.  Then I got a little more done after he went to bed.  Here is Birds and Blackwork SAL by Lesley Teare.  This is a 12 month SAL being sold on Creative Poppy and this is the March issue.  It's stitched on 28 count over two on white evenweave.  I am really enjoying these pieces!!


I think you'll see a slow down in the amount of stitching I get done.  LOL  I'm off to sit in on a telephonic Bible study.  We are finding creative ways to still interact with others.  Still it feels weird to not be able to go out and do things as we wish, but I'd rather be safe than sorry in these uncertain days.   I'll check in now and then and let you know how the hostage situation goes.  I have to practically sit on the man to keep him from going out where the people are.  I swear he thinks he's indestructible.  Stay safe everyone, and keep on stitching!

6 comments:

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

I know what you mean about husbands reorganizing things. When mine retired, he decided to reorganize the kitchen!! He has never cooked and I had to put him straight right away. It took about 6 months for us to adjust to both of us being together 24/7. Lets hope this social distancing doesn't last 6 months. Patty Mc

Julie said...

This post had me giggling. My DH is just the same. Even though he had the heart surgery earlier this month he still thinks he can sort stuff and potter about doing naughty things and not resting as much as he should. We rub along really well though and can easily spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week together and not run out of things to talk about.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your stitch/blackwork piece is looking incredible. Please send your husband to my house. He can organize the basement and spare room for me! Just a thought! Stay safe and healthy!

Clare-Aimetu said...

It will certainly be new for some to be with their loved ones 24/7, DH and I are happy together but the not going out will be the test. Stay safe x

Katie said...

Haha my dad is the same way. He wants to be doing something or he is wasting time. Good luck getting him to settle down. My husband does ham radio and at least it gives him something to do. His work is still going on though. Love your project. Just beautiful!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the bright zingy colours in that design. Have you seen the freebie in a similar style on the Lakeside Needlecraft FB group recently?
I saw it and thought of you.