Sunday, March 15, 2020

March Gifted Gorgeousness

It's the 15th and you all know what that means!  It's Gifted Gorgeousness time!!  Thanks to Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, who so graciously hosts this lovely challenge, each month we post things we qualify as gifts.  The rules are posted here if you would like to read them, or even sign up to participate in the challenge!  If you want to see what the rest of us are stitching for this challenge, the link up page is here.  I've enjoyed this challenge for many years, it's a good way to make sure we bring out those charts, fabric, fibers, etc that have been gifted to us and show our appreciation by stitching them!

So...I have a few that you've already seen if you follow my blog at all.  If not you'll see the collection all in one post since last month!  First off is Jungle Baby by Imaginating that I stitched for a friend who will soon be a Grandma for the first time.  Stitched on 36 count cream over two.


I've been working on Gloria, a SAL by Tempting Tangles.  This was a gift from DH for Christmas this year.  He periodically picks patterns, buys the fabric and floss and gifts them to me for different occasions.  I was lucky to get this one for Christmas!  Stitched on 32 count white opalescent over two.


I stitched this freebie from Passione Ricamo  called Christmas Mandala that I've had in my stash for 10 years as the final challenge piece for the LNS challenge I was participating in.  I'm thankful to finally have it finished, and hope to frame it before Christmas this year!  Stitched on 40 count over two on natural.


I've been working on Creation by Tempting Tangles.  I watched Deborah as she created this pattern.  I was in an online group she was in while she was designing this piece.  I drooled over it for so long, that finally DH bought it for me for a Birthday present one year.  He bought the chart and thread....but I had to search for a while before I found the right fabric.  This is 40 count Golden Harvest and this picture just doesn't capture what it really looks like.  While I had a little trouble getting started, I just love how it looks!  I started this as a leap year project and hope to finish before next leap year.  Wish me luck!!


Next is a little ornament (and I do mean little, it's about 1.5" x 1.5") I stitched for one of the ornament challenges this year.  We were to pick a pattern from the 2012 JCS Ornament Issue.  DH gifts me with a subscription every year so I consider this a GG project as well.  This is Peace Pin Button 2012 by Jeanette Douglas.  It's stitched on 40 count light mocha.  I really want to try to finish up all my ornaments I stitch this year...so hopefully you'll see this again once it's fully finished.  Part of it is stitched over two, the lettering is stitched over one.  Quite the challenge!!


I have a few others I've been working on, but can't show them just yet as they are gifts for an event I have coming up in April.  I'll show them when I can.  

I guess that's all I have for today.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stitching!!

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Jungle Babies are so cute. Your Gloria is looking great, as is your other projects.

Julie said...

Lovely post for this months GG, you've been busy.

Robin in Virginia said...

Each piece is super! My favorite in this batch is that precious Peace Quaker ornament you stitched.

Elfie said...

Such beautiful stitching! I love all your projects. Your DH sounds like a treasure - I approve highly of his choice of gifts!

jocondine said...

Cute jungle baby and Gloria is amazing so nice. Two gifts the chart you received and the stitching done which will be great. xxx

Katie said...

Great post. Love all of them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Jungle Babies is a great gift to celebrate a new baby.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying Creation, it is a fabulous design.
The final Ornie is so sweet. The nice thing about Rachel's FFO Gallery is that we have time to fully finish all the things we stitched the previous month! In theory anyway.

Kaisievic said...

Oh my goodness, DJ, so much fabulous stitching - so hard to pick a favourite. You are doing wonderfully with your stitching this year.