Sunday, March 1, 2020

Leap Year Shenanigans...

So...did you survive your Leap Year 2020?  Toward late afternoon a friend texted and asked me if I was planning any Leap Year stitching.  Hm....I hadn't given it any thought, but I have this rather BIG box with several kitted items in it...  (I have this enabler in my house called DH...and for different holidays and birthdays he surprises me with a pattern I've been drooling over and all the materials to stitch it) so I went spelunking in the BIG box...and out came Creation by Tempting Tangles.  I have had this in my BIG box for a long time and I have drooled over it ever since I first say Deborah start designing it.  I bought it as soon as she put it out on her website.  I started yesterday working on 40 count Golden Harvest and I guess it's been a while since I stitched on 40 count (or my eyes have suddenly revolted on me ) I had such a hard time getting started.  But it's on the go now and I'll be working on it.  My goal is to finish it by the next Leap Year....it is a big project!!  Here is how far I got yesterday.




Today is March first...so that means I'll be working on the very last challenge piece for my LNS.  This one is called Christmas Mandala by Passione Ricamo.  I have loved this since she introduced it as a freebie several years ago.  It's been on my to do list for a while now.  I'm stitching this on 40 count Natural linen over two.  I hope my eyes cooperate!  I had a little trouble getting focused this morning, but here are the first few stitches.




I have a few things planned for this month, but some of them I won't be able to show because they are exchange pieces.  I'll have busy fingers for sure!  Hopefully I'll be able to work pretty steady on these two and keep you updated.  

I edited this to say, as I was looking through my start wish list, I have started 7 of the 12 I hoped to start this year, and finished 2 of them in the first two months of the year!  Of the 12 items in my TSP challenge list I've finished 10 of the 12 I had listed, and started the other two.  Wow!  I'm on a roll!!  

Happy Leap Year...and Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Nice leap year new start, you really are stitching up a lot of lovely things this year.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely new start you made! I didn't start anything new, but I did finish my latest small. It sounds like you are doing well with your challenge list and your start wish list! Good for you, DJ! Happy March!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Creation is gorgeous. I was about to say, it will be a challenge to get it done in a year, then I remembered you've got four years!
The Madonna and Child is lovely too.
I had a random Leap Year start too, but mine was a smaller design.

Katie said...

Great new start. Since I was out of town for Leap Day I didn't get a new start. Oh well. I'm sure I'll have more chances in the future for those new starts. Your pick is gorgeous. Love your last challenge piece too. Beautiful. Good luck with your March goals!