Friday, March 27, 2020

I'm afraid it's come down to this.....

I ran out of milk yesterday....and I needed something for my Cheerios...


Now before you think I've gone off the deep end...when we went quarantine shopping (trying to buy enough food for 2 weeks) I thought...milk is not going to last THAT long...so I grabbed this box...


When I ran out of milk yesterday I thought...gee I'm glad I bought the dry milk, so this morning I read the directions.  It says the best way to store it and have it still taste good is to store it in a air tight glass container.  Um...I hadn't thought of that...my Girl Scout Leader from way back would be horrified I wasn't prepared!  I looked around my kitchen and found this empty Growler size bottle of Adirondack Toboggan Company beer.  This beer is distilled in my home town!  We bought this bottle for Ben to try after he turned 21 and just kept the bottle.  Perfect!  So I made up the milk and continued with my tradition of Cheerios, coffee, and my morning Sudoko puzzle (I get a calendar with a puzzle a day page...it's my morning routine which has been SHATTERED since DH is home all day long...)  I'm hoping Big Brother isn't watching, I'm sure they'll pick me up for a drinking problem since it's the first thing I grab in the morning!  hic  LOL!!  


I hope you are coping with all life's little challenges...Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Julie said...

LOL .... a fun post, thank you for the giggle.

deb said...

You found dry milk?? I haven't been able to find that for YEARS. Good for you - you get bonus "plan ahead" points!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great idea, as a non milk drinker I would prefer the beer (as would my Hubby) but great thinking, stay safe

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

As Julie says, a fun post. I had no idea what to expect from reading the headline.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beer on cereal, perfectly normal LOL

Katie said...

Haha how funny. Those growlers come in handy. Maybe I'm glad hubby has so many.

Robin in Virginia said...

Too funny! So, how did the dry milk turn out? I actually eat my Cheerios (and other cereals) milk-free. I like your morning routine!