Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Christmas Mandala

I realized, as I was stitching this piece, that I tend to lean a lot toward Christmas.  Hm...interesting, huh?  LOL  I do collect Nativities, so maybe my mind is always on that particular season...I don't know if I'll ever figure that out!



So...when I saw this particular pattern posted in 2010, I knew I HAD to stitch it.  I have drooled over this pattern for YEARS!  So when our local needlework store decided to host a challenge, I added this one almost immediately.  I cannot believe it took me ten years to finally stitch it!  I stitched this on 40 count natural linen over two.  I hoped to keep it small but still see all the amazing detail in the piece.  I hope I achieved my goal!  This was the last number picked for the challenge and now I can say I finally have it finished!  YAY!!  Now to get it framed!

This pattern is a freebie and can be found here on the Passione Ricamo blog.  Check out her  blog...she has some truly beautiful patterns and even some lovely freebies, you just have to check around and click on some of the links.  I have another pattern in my stash (Oh heck, let's call it what it really is...a HOARD) called the Romantic Stitcher that I hope to one day pull out of mothballs.  I have fabric, floss and pattern...what am I waiting for????

I'm struggling right now.  I've stitched several patterns lately that HAD to be done.  It's kind of left me in a slump.  I have a few more that are supposed to be finished this month, but I'm finding it hard to make myself do them.  I'm going to go look through things and find something I truly WANT to stitch and see if I can get my  mojo back.  If you find it before I do, please send it home!!  LOL  I hope you are all happily stitching out there...

9 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The picture isn't showing up in your post?

Kay said...

This is beautiful. I have far more Christmas designs in my stash than anything else. x

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful work, I have more Christmas stitching too

Maggie said...

Lovely stitching, I'm always drawn to Christmas stitching too :-)
It's nice to stitch something that you Want to rather than Have to, more enjoyable.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

What a beautiful Christmas stitched piece you have created.

Katie said...

Gorgeous finish!!! Stitch whatever makes you happy. I'm doing some obligation stitching right now and I really really want to stitch on everything else. Hope you find something to enjoy.

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, this is a stunning finish. The colors are incredible. Well done on getting it over the finish line. I think picking up something you want to work on might help with getting back your stitching desire.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I can see it now! It really is a beautiful design.

Julie said...

It's beautiful and well worth the 10 year wait to see it finished.