Saturday, February 1, 2020

What's next...

My head is spinning there is so much going on!  I won't bore you with the details.  There have been a lot of "slow" times where I had time to stitch, mixed in with the busy times.  I just didn't have much time for blogging lately, but here is what I've been able to accomplish since my last post...


I've got caught up on the Gloria Mystery SAL by Tempting Tangles.  They have posted up to part 3.  I'm stitching this on 32 count Opalescent white fabric over two.  I have had more trouble with this fabric....or my brain is focused on other things, but I think I've stitched this at least twice if not more, due to the frog being perched on my shoulder.  How dare he!!  The thread has tangled sooooo many times....and then started to shred (Not the usual case for DMC)  Thankfully I've made it this far, and have a two week reprieve before I have to pick it up again.  I'm determined to keep up with this one this year.  (Now that I've said that *throwing a pinch of salt over my shoulder* I hope I haven't jinxed myself!!  *Knock on wood*)


I worked a little more on Blooming Bouquets.  This is a dream to stitch on, I'm enjoying it so much!!  I will get back to working on that soon, I just love the silk threads that came with the kit!  It's stitched on 40 count Heartland over two (with the lettering stitched over one...oh my aching eyes!!  LOL)


The TSP challenge piece has been determined for this month, and hopefully it won't give me any trouble.  They chose number 7 this month and my number 7 is Nativity Berry by Erica Michaels.  I guess that will be my next priority.  I have had this in my stash for years, I can't wait to get it started!


I think that's all that I've done...but who knows...my brain is swiss cheese lately...haha.  Oh...yeah...I picked up  Winter's Majesty from the framers last week.  I posted this picture in one of my online Facebook groups, and some ladies are threatening to steal it.  I've told them I'm posting this guy on guard duty, I know they have a "thing" for chocolate, so if they try anything, I'm gonna throw the perfect man at them.  Do you think my picture will be safe?



Off to get some stitching in, it's been a busy day and I need a little "fiber" therapy!  Happy Stitching!!



7 comments:

Kay said...

Winter's Majesty is absolutely stunning. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gloria is gorgeous, I love those rich colours.
Blooming Bouquets is blooming marvellous!
The nativity strawberry is going to be a nice project.

Katie said...

Oh no sorry to hear the frog has been visiting you. Hopefully he will hop away very soon. Lovely progress on both WIPs. Good luck on your new piece. Wow! That frame is perfect. I don't blame the girls for wanting to steal it. The chocolate is too cute to eat haha.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh no the frog! Hope he stays away. Lovely work on your stitching. Hubby aside I think that is my idea of a perfect man ;-)

Julie said...

Gloria is stunning, such vibrant colours, shame the frog came and visited and not good news the thread split.
Chocolate ... he does look very attractive, hope he tastes as good as he looks.

Robin in Virginia said...

Winter's Majesty is gorgeous! I think you have made good progress on Gloria; even with the reverse stitching. I love forward to seeing your work on the Nativity Berry.

Kaisievic said...

Winter's Majesty is fabulous and you have made a great start on Gloria!