Friday, February 28, 2020

Today's Post brought to you by the letter A

I've been working hard to keep up with Gloria.  This is a SAL by Tempting Tangles that I am stitching on 32 count white opalescent linen.  I don't know why I am having so much trouble with this particular piece...the thread tangles worse than any other thing I've worked on!!  I don't know if it catches on the sparkly thread that is woven in the linen...or what...but sheesh, it's taking twice as long as it normally would.  Still...it's a beautiful pattern.  I'm happy to report, though I was supposed to go out to a ladies gathering today, I stayed home (because of a headache) and knocked this one out as part 5 was issued yesterday.  The 5th part was the letter A.  Now back to my regularly scheduled exchange stitching...


I have finished stitching something for an exchange...but I can't show it yet.  Just to let you know, there has only been one day that passed since the first of January that I haven't stitched at least 20 minutes a day.  It was a challenge I signed up for in December.  It sure helps get things done!

I'm watching the weather in Northern NY where a lot of my friends live.  I'm hoping they are safe, although they did lose power for a short time (one friend reported 30 inches so far!).  And for the rest of my stitching friends, happy stitching!!

5 comments:

Sarah R said...

This piece appears to be lovely! Please do post a photo of the entire project when you are finished.

Robin in Virginia said...

Good for you on keeping up on this SAL, DJ! It is looking fabulous. I had the same issues with twisty, knotting thread when I used opalescent fabric last year. Enjoy your weekend!

Julie said...

Lovely to see this one again, its so elegant looking

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gloria is Glorious! Sorry to hear the thread is misbehaving though.

Katie said...

Gorgeous progress. Wow! I would love to see that much snow sometime in my life. We're always lucky to get anything. I think the most I've ever seen was like 12 inches.