Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Taking a short drive ...

on my way to Crazy....anyone care to join me?  LOL

It was an interesting day!!  Yesterday, as my husband was driving, and I was trying to avoid watching and commenting on his driving (I must be the worlds worst side seat driver....according to DH) I pulled up Facebook Marketplace.  I have never looked at it before, but just on a lark I started scrolling.  My eyes quickly spotted this Sewing Box that had been posted 19 minutes prior.  I have been looking for one of these.  So I asked a few questions...then said I would buy it.  I met her this morning (less than 24 hours later) and picked it up!  It was her mothers, so I told her I would take care of it, and fill it with my mother's sewing tools.  I had seen this pattern ages ago and wanted to stitch it but didn't have a sewing box (the one they advertised was pretty pricey!!)  I can't tell you how excited I am to be doing this...it's like a little tribute to my Mom...and I can't wait to get started!  This totally turned what had started out as a sad and trying day into one of hope and excitement....don't you love when you're handed lemonade from lemons?



Today I spent with the lovely Ms. M.  I told her, as I dropped her off at her house after our lovely day together, that I loved hanging out with her.  We always find something to giggle about and she is one of the few people I can truly be myself with.  No judgement, just pure entertainment.  We went dress shopping for the wedding today.  I was pretty discouraged...as I had in mind what I was looking for...and we visited store, after store, after store (one place even told me I had waited too long, I would never find one in time) but as a last ditch effort we stopped at a place in a mall that she usually shopped at for prom dresses for her daughter when she was in high school.  I walked past TONS of sleeveless and strapless dresses...none of which would look good on this old lady...until we ended up in the back and found this little beauty.  Not only was it the style I was looking for, but it was the EXACT color I was looking for!!  I still have to order it, but it will be here in about 3 weeks, in time to have it altered if need be.  Now all I have to do is find shoes to match a beaded clutch that I will be using that was my mother's.




I ended my day at a local library where I met up with some stitchers that meet once a month.  I found a group online that mentioned they were meeting tonight so decided to join them.  It was a nice evening chatting and getting to know new people.  They enjoy going to retreats as well so who knows?  They invited me to one happening in July, but I don't think I'll be able to go to that one...it's going to be a busy summer!  I stitched on the Nativity Berry by Erica Michaels while I was there.  Here is where I ended tonight.



And that's all the stitching I've done since the last time I wrote.  When it rains, it pours, so much to do, so little time!  I hope you are having more productive stitching days!!  Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a treasure to find, something I have always wanted but as you say they are so excited. It's very special to be able to put your Mum's things in it too. Your dress is gorgeous, love the colour:-)

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching and I love your new sewing box. What a gorgeous dress for the Wedding!

Kay said...

How wonderful for you to have found that amazing sewing box, the perfect dress, and to get to go to a stitching group. Little things make us happy and keep life lovely. x

Maggie said...

I have one of those sewing boxes, bought mine at a car boot sale quite a few years ago now :-)

moosecraft said...

That was a rockin' day! :-) Love that sewing box...it's in such nice condition! I've been (passively) looking for one for a few years now....maybe I'll luck out like you did one day! Gorgeous dress too! I can relate to the frustration of sleeveless dresses all over the place... doesn't anyone cover up anymore? lol! Never mind having to be careful how you move in those things....for fear of a "wardrobe malfunction"...lol!

Terri said...

LOVE your dress and I have a sewing box EXACTLY like yours! You will enjoy it, I'm sure!

Katie said...

Lovely sewing box. The pattern is perfect for it. I love your dress. Beautiful. Glad you found one. How nice to find some local stitchers. I have another meeting here locally this coming Sunday. I'm looking forward to it.

Julie said...

A fabulous sewing box, serendipitous moment with your first time on the facebook site. How lovely to add mums sewing items to it too. Fabulous dress, I like that.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The sewing box is lovely, and as Julie says, quite serendipitous!
As was finding the perfect dress for the wedding. I think a little pill box hat with a jaunty feather would look great with it!
Nice work on the Nativity Strawberry too.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful sew box you found! DJ, I love the dress you found for the wedding. Gorgeous color! I am thrilled you have found a stitch group and had a pleasant evening. Where is the July retreat being held? Your Nativity Berry is looking good.