Monday, February 24, 2020

It was a moving experience...

My baby has left the building...and moved into a very sweet place!  It's a proud Momma moment when your child finally leaves the nest, gets his own apartment, and moves on out.  He's only 25 minutes away (for now), so he's not out of the picture totally.  haha  It's great to see your child making adult decisions and making his way in the world.  I'll miss him, but it's good for all of us.  I'll finally have that craft room I've always wanted!!  No more waiting up nights until the wee hours waiting to hear him come home.  I almost want to move into their apartment building, so many perks...but I'm content now just to have our house to ourselves again.

I haven't had much stitching time (I'm REALLY surprised it took me this long to stitch this particular piece) but I have had a finish!!  I stitched a tiny bit on Saturday waiting for the Verizon guy to hook up their internet, then while they were picking up furniture here and there so got the giraffe started...then yesterday they all went to a hockey game and I stayed home to let my aching muscles recuperate (I'm too old for this stuff!!  LOL).  I must have walked miles that day (their apartment building is a maze, and I kept getting lost).  Anyway...here it is finished except for the date and name.  This is Jungle Baby by Imaginating.  It's stitched on 36 count antique white linen.  This is for a friend's grandchild due in a few months.


I'm rejoicing because I have a lot of stitching with a deadline coming up so I now only have 5 days left in the month to work on a few things before I have my challenge pieces to do for March.   I feel a little overwhelmed because I have a lot of things coming up in the near future that I have to do.  Next week is nearly entirely booked with appointments...so why am I still here typing?  LOL  I'm off to pay for a retreat coming up, and pick up my dress for the wedding (it arrived last week but I didn't have time to get it until today).  I'm off to see the lovely Ms. M and have lunch with her while I run errands.  She's been very tolerant of my schedule lately...I miss hanging out with my friends when I'm this busy!!  So I'll leave you with a picture of my son and his fiance' standing on the threshold of their new home.  I'm waiting to see how they will decorate before I take pictures of their place.  Happy Stitching!!



4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Jungle Baby looks great, a lovely present for a new baby.
Will he wait until they are married before carrying her over the threshold?
When my friends got married, the wife said "you must carry me over the threshold" so he picked her up in a fireman's lift over his shoulder! Not quite as dignified as she wanted LOL

Katie said...

Congrats on the adorable finish. How sweet they have their own happy home. Great job mom...you taught him well I'm sure.

Julie said...

Wishing your son and his fiancé lots of happy times in their new home together.
Don't forget to take time to relax in your busy week.
{{hugs}}

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, good for you on getting the baby sampler finished! I know that you are happy it is finished except for the date info. Wishing your son and his fiancé the best as they head toward life as Mr. & Mrs.