Saturday, February 15, 2020

February Gifted Gorgeousness!

Whew!!  Time sure is flying by again this year!!  So much to do, Sew little time!  I'm trying my hardest to keep up with things, but as usual, wrenches keep getting thrown into the machinery!  Let's see...where do I begin?

First off, let me thank Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching, for setting up this challenge.  Each month, on the 15th, we share our gifted gorgeousness.  It might be a pattern or fabric or floss we received from someone, or even a gift.  Or it might be something we have stitched to give someone else.  We showcase these each month, then link up over on Jo's blog.  You can hop over there and see what everyone else is stitching.  It's a sweet way to thank those who have given us things, and incentive to actually get them stitched!  If you would like to participate in the challenge (it's never too late to sign up) you can sign up on this page.  If you would like to see what everyone is stitching for this challenge, visit Jo's blog and see the list of people participating.  It's as easy as that!

I've got a lot to show, so let's get started!

First off, I'm making a baby sampler for a friend's daughter who is having a baby.  This is Jungle Baby by Imaginating.  Why did I pick something with so much backstitching?  I'm kicking my own backside over this one!  LOL!!  But I still think it will look cute hanging in a baby's room with a jungle theme.


As you know, my DH has gifted me subscriptions to JCS Magazine for years.  The ornament issue is part of the subscription, so I consider anything I stitch in those to be a gifted gorgeousness item.  Here are a few I've stitched since the last posting...

Moose Joy by Angel Stitching from the 2019 JCS Ornament issue




Christmas Bullfinch by Pinochka from the 2019 JCS Ornament issue



Blue Snowman by the Little Stitcher from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue



Christmas Cardinal by Stoney Creek from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue



 I finished  two JBW stocking from the Red Stocking Collection II as part of the Bride's Tree ornament set I've made for my future DIL.




I finished Sail Away by Mill Hills stitched on fabric instead of perforated paper and finished into an ornament for the Bride's Tree set as well.



DH also gifted me a paid SAL from Lesley Teare called Birds and Blackwork Flowers for Christmas last year.  I've finished two of them so far.  Here is the January and the February parts.




DH also gifted ma a paid SAL from Tempting Tangles called Gloria.  I've finished the first three parts so far.  I love how this is turning out!!  However it's being stitched on white opalescent 32 count, and is a BEAR to stitch on!!  Still....I love the results!



DH also gifted me the Nativity Berry by Erica Michaels a few years ago for my birthday.  I love this one, and now that it's stitched I can finish into a berry for next Christmas.  (Wish me luck on that one!  LOL!!)



I was gifted this sampler by a friend who received it at a retreat but decided not to stitch it.  It's lovely and I'm so excited to be stitching this as a SAL with another friend.  This is Blooming Bouquets - Thankful by Jeanette Douglas.  I haven' t got too far because other things that need to be stitched keep getting in the way.



This is another gift from DH (he's quiet the enabler isn't he?) from a few years ago.  This is Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  I wish I could devote all my time to this one, I just love it!



I know you've probably seen most of these before, but I like to showcase and thank people for the gifts I've been given.  And now I'm off to get more gifted gorgeousness stitching done!  Thanks for stopping by...Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

So many projects, it's lovely to see Christmas items. I love the colours in your blackwork piece.

Christine said...

So many lovely projects. I especially love that little bullfinch, I don't remember spotting him in the magazine (it's funny how sometimes you don't notice a design until you see someone's stitched up version) I'll have to go back and have a look

Kate said...

Such beautiful projects that are a delight to see!

Vickie said...

I have never seen that Nativity Berry. It is amazing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So much gorgeousness here!
Love all the Christmas ornaments and those lovely little stockings.
The Blackwork with the birds is looking good but Gloria is my favourite, such rich colours.

Elfie said...

My goodness! You have been so productive tbis month! And all lovely pieces. I am so keen to see the Nativity Berry finished, though it looks amazing just as it is.

Katie said...

So many gorgeous pieces. Thanks for sharing them all.

Julie said...

Love the blackwork piece, that is so vibrant and different.

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

Plus, getting it set up is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

This is how it all works...

STEP 1. Tell the system what affiliate products you intend to promote
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON traffic (it LITERALLY takes JUST 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

Do you want to start making money??

You can test-drive the system for yourself risk free...

Unknown said...

If you're looking to lose fat then you need to get on this totally brand new personalized keto plan.

To design this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are useful, convenient, price-efficient, and enjoyable.

From their launch in early 2019, thousands of clients have already transformed their body and health with the benefits a professional keto plan can give.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-confirmed ones provided by the keto plan.