Sunday, February 9, 2020

Christmas goals for February met!

I had a very productive two days!  I love it when I can finish a project in a day, but finishing two in one day was a feat for me!   I really shouldn't set so many challenges for myself, I feel pressured to finish  them so I can stitch on things I REALLY want to stitch on!!

I'm participating in the JCS Christmas Ornie SAL 2020 I found on Facebook.  We chose as a group 12 Christmas ornaments from the 2019 JCS Ornament issue.  There is a list on my goals page of the patterns we are supposed to stitch for each month of the year.  I love this one, had it on my to do list, and was pleased to stitch it this month.  This is Christmas Bullfinch by Punochka.  I stitched it on 40 count natural over two.



I'm also participating in the Christmas Ornie SAL 2020 offered on the blog here.  I made it easy on myself this year and only chose two of the three themes.  It's fun with this one because while we have guidelines , I still have a little freedom of choice.

First theme is the twelve days of Christmas.  I've chosen to stitch the series that was published in the 2019 Stoney Creek magazines.  This one was published in the Winter 2019 issue and is two turtle doves.  I stitched this on 28 count white evenweave over two.  I love this series and as soon as I get the chance I would love to get them finished fully (along with the ones I did last year too!!) 



The other theme I chose is the third theme, any ornament you like from the JCS Ornament issue from 2011-2019.  This month was a free choice so I chose another one from the 2016 Ornament issue.  This is Blue Snowman by the Little Stitcher.  I stitched this on 40 count over two natural linen.  I love this little guy!!



I have to say, I enjoyed stitching on all of these!!  I guess that's what helps me stitch them up so fast!

Now I'm off to stitch up a baby sampler for a friend of mine.  She's seen the pattern so I can show it as I stitch.  As soon as I finish this one up, I'll be back to working on some of my larger WIPs.  Some things take priority!!  LOL  Happy Stitching everyone!


7 comments:

Julie said...

A post filled with such delights. So many lovely things.
I forgot to purchase the 2019 ornament edition this year, too much going on healthwise. Must remedy that as I have every edition since the year 2000.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful work on all three. The Bullfinch has proved to be a popular design in the group.
I love the Little Stitcher's work too.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely trio of ornaments you stitched in February, DJ! Well done! Enjoy the coming week!

Katie said...

Love them all. Great choices.

butterfly said...

Love your stitching , the Bullfinch is fab .
Happy stitching .

Mary's Thread said...

These are SO pretty! Love the first little birdie, he is especially sweet!

Unknown said...

Did you hear there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your partner... that will trigger intense feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness to you buried inside his chest?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, treasure and look after you with all his heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Instinct

This instinct is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will make him try harder than ever before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

In fact, fueling this powerful instinct is so mandatory to having the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You'll soon find him open his soul and heart to you in such a way he's never experienced before and he'll identify you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.