Monday, January 13, 2020

Santa's in the house!

It was a productive weekend!!  I just didn't have time to write about it!  While I was supposed to help DH take our tree down (I had already taken all the ornaments off last Monday) he was reluctant.  haha  It never fails!  Oh well, the poor guy...I love him dearly but he's never on my timetable!  haha

So...I stitched and stitched and stitched!  I started two ornaments on Saturday (I'm trying to keep things secret from future DIL) and finished them on Sunday.  Then I started another on Sunday and finished it today!

First up is Moose Joy by Angel Stitcin'.  This was published in the 2019 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue.  I'm working on a few challenges this year, and this challenge has picked specific ornaments from the 2019 issue that we are to stitch each month.  This was the one from January!  It was a fun stitch.  I used most of the colors called for (I had them in my stash) and substituted others in my stash for the ones I didn't have.  I realized I still need to find the snowflakes (I have them in my stash, I just need to find them) and will finish it before I fully finish it into an ornament.  This was stitched on 32 count white linen over two.



Next is another Bride's Tree ornament.  This is Santa and his sack from a leaflet by Zweigart called Whimsical Santas.  I just loved his full length coat...so different from most US Santas.  It symbolizes giving and sharing.  My FDIL loves cute things.  And while most of the stuff I'm stitching wouldn't be considered "cute", I hope to include enough that she will love hanging them on her tree every year.  This is stitched on 40 count white linen over two.



The last I'm posting for today is called Reindeer Mini-hoop by the Vermillion Stitchery from The Book of Christmas Cheer.  This is also a Bride's Tree ornament my choice for a rabbit.  The rabbit symbolizes peace with nature, faith, hope and fertility.  I love how the two animals are kind to one another here.  I KNOW my FDIL will love this one!!  It's also stitched on 40 count white linen over two.



That one makes #11.  I know I'm only supposed to stitch 12...but there are so many more that I like (and more symbols too!) but what I think I'll do is stitch one more....and then begin finishing them into ornaments.  Once that is done, if I have time to stitch more I will.  If not, at least I have 12 for them to start off with!!  Now the hard part....finding the ONE!  haha  

I hope you are having a wonderful day!  Happy Stitching everyone!!

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great finish on Moose Joy and I am sure that your FDIL will love both of these ornaments - they are very cute!

Julie said...

The reindeer and rabbit are so cute, as is Mr Santa. Your FDIL is going to love these two.

Katie said...

Beautiful pieces! Good luck narrowing the search to one. That's always hard to do.

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of the ornaments are precious, DJ! My favorite is the deer with bunny. You could also choose a couple of the ones beyond the 12 to gift to them each year. Have a good week!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work. The Moose is such a fun design and your Santa is so cute too!
I am sure your DIL will love all these designs on her tree.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a lot of stitching, they look lovely