Thursday, January 9, 2020

Keep on swimming!

I spent the morning sorting through floss and patterns and I found a few more patterns for Bride's Tree ornaments.  I found this adorable fish, which symbolizes Christ, and fertility.  I never realized how hard it was to find fish patterns!  haha  I stitched this on 32 count light blue over two.  The pattern came from a book published by Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs.  The picture really doesn't do it justice...


I found 11 patterns I would like to stitch, totaling 89 skeins of floss needed for them all....and I only lack 8!!  I guess tomorrow I'll be hitting Michaels...haha  Once I'm done stitching, I'll be finishing them all up into ornaments.  I'm hoping these will be done soon as wedding planning is in full swing!  

I hope you are all keeping safe and warm!!  Happy Stitching

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a cool fish you stitched! Interesting to hear about the lack of availability for small fish!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your fish looks great, nice colour grading. I'm sure more than 8 colours will come back from Michael's :-)

Katie said...

Love it! Love hearing the meanings behind each one of them too. Very cool.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great fish. Joan Elliott has some nice fish in her Japanese designs and in her larger Mermaid designs.

Julie said...

Your brides tree is going to be so special