Wednesday, January 15, 2020

January Gifted Gorgeousness

It's the beginning of a new year for Gifted Gorgeousness!  I'm excited to show what I've been working on!  Thanks to Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching, who created this fun challenge, we showcase on the 15th of the month the things we are stitching that fall into the category of gift.  It can be the gift of fabric, pattern or thread.  It can be a gift we have been given or a gift we have given someone else!  But if you want the official rules, please visit this page on Jo's blog to read what she had intended and sign up if you want to participate.  Then, if you want to see what others are stitching, look for her Gifted Gorgeousness post each month and all our links are there!

Ok, as many of you know I've been working on some gifts for my future DIL.  I'm making Bride's Tree Ornaments for her wedding shower.  Originally I thought of making 12.  I have 12 stitched, but there are a few more I hope to add to it.  If you don't know what Bride's Tree ornaments are, it is a German tradition to gift the Bride with ornaments for her first Christmas tree with her new husband.  Each ornament has a special meaning.  You can find the pieces I've stitched and their meanings at the bottom of my 2020 goals page.  I'm beginning to make them into ornaments now.  I have three completely finished.  I pictured them on the fabric I used for backing except for the first one.  This is a repeat of the Flower basket, but I thought the trim was hard to see on the backing fabric.  I wish you could see the sparkles!  






I was gifted a kit quite a while ago as a Birthday gift from my husband (it's nice to have an enabler in the family...haha)  I finally pulled it into rotation this past New Year's Day.  I've wanted to wait for a special day to start it and I can't wait any longer!  He gave me the pattern, floss and fabric!  Here is Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  I'm stitching it on 32 count antique white.



I was also gifted a SAL that started this month.  He bought the pattern and floss.  I had the fabric in my stash.  This is Birds and Blackwork by Lesley Teare and though you can stitch all 12 parts together, I've decided to stitch them individually.  This is the January section.



I also participated in a 12 Days of Christmas exchange that started on the 12th of last month.  I'm going to show you the handmade gifts I sent my partner after the 15th of last month.  I thought I should include them in the Gifted Gorgeousness post of this year.










I like stitching for other people!!  I hope they get as much enjoyment from their gifts as I have from giving them!  Ok, I'm late for a gathering today so I must rush!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!  Happy Stitching!!

9 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful stitching. THe Bride's Tree ornaments are so pretty

Katie said...

So many wonderful things. The finished ornaments all look great so far!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Bride's Tree Ornsments are lovely, it's nice to see them made up. Lovely gifts you sent for the exchange.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely ornaments and great start on that gorgeous project. Well done hubby indeed.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the way you are finishing the Bride's Tree ornaments. They will look lovely all together.
I like both the new starts too, looking forward to seeing them grow this year.

Julie said...

Your circular ornaments are always so lovely to see. What a great collection in this GG post. It's filled with lots of lovely things.

Elfie said...

Such lovely projects! I love the idea of the Bride Tree ornaments. Your future DIL is very lucky.

Kaisievic said...

All of these little gifts are so very gorgeous, DJ, I really like the little snowman ornie.

Robin in Virginia said...

The Bride's Tree ornament finishes are so pretty! Well done, DJ!