Wednesday, January 1, 2020

In with the New! Happy New Year!!

It's so nice to finally turn the page on 2019 and begin a New Year!  The last few years have come with so many ups and downs but I'm so very excited to begin this new year.  Not only do we have new adventures planned, but we have a wedding to look forward to as we add to our family and adjust to a new normal.  I'm looking forward to all that life has to offer us this year.

As usual, I planned an exciting new start on this first day of the year.  This year I pulled a very old pattern I've had kitted up for ages.  And sew it begins...my 2020 New Year’s stitch piece! This is Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs. It’s stitched on 32 count Lambswool Lugano over two...I heard those gasps!! Yes I stitch over two! AND I’m using THREE strands on these borders!!! I’m loving the look of it so far BUT the counting is slowing me down...it’s looking a little dark in this light...


Someone else posted a picture of this years ago.  It was originally a kit that is now out of print.  I learned that it was a Kooler Design so I contacted Donna, the designer, and asked if it would be available as a pattern.   She told me that she was already working on it and it would be available soon.  So I waited....with baited breath....and I might even have been the first to buy it when it became available as a PDF download.  My husband bought it for me as a gift, along with the fabric and the floss.  It's been sitting here for ages, waiting for just the right moment, and today was that day!  Here is what it will look like finished...


Here's wishing you lots of adventures, stash enhancement and many hours of stitching delights!  Best wishes in the New Year!  Happy Stitching!!

5 comments:

Jo said...

it's beautiful DJ and will look absolutely amazing when it's finished.

Julie said...

What a great new start to begin the year, its beautiful.
Best wishes for a wonderful New Year, especially with the wedding to look forward to .

Mouse said...

it is a fabulous project and looking forward to seeing all your progress updates :) love mouse xxxxx

Katie said...

Oh wow that's beautiful. It will be fun watching it grow.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a gorgeous design and worthy of a New Year New Start.