Saturday, January 25, 2020

Finally a moment to update...

Whew!  It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here lately!  I've been participating in a challenge through one of my online groups to stitch at least 20 minutes a day.  It's helped me while I was away for the weekend, to actually finish a couple of small ornaments.  I'm still working on the Bride's Tree ornaments, and I think I have now finished stitching all of them.  Seven of them have been fully finished.  Hopefully within the next few days I can fully finish the rest of them off!  Wish me luck!!  Here are the others I have finished stitching.

First off are two ornaments I stitched from the Red Stocking Collection II by JBW Designs.  I chose this one because of the house and it symbolizes a family's shelter and protection.



I chose this stocking because of the hearts and they symbolizes true love and love in the home.



I thought the stockings would be fun so there would be different shapes mixed in with all those different ornaments.

The last one I stitched is Sail Away Kit by Mill Hills.  I stitched this on 32 count ice blue fabric over two.  It should have been stitched on 28 count but I couldn't find the right color fabric in 28 count.  I'm not a fan of the perforated paper.  The boat represents the couple sailing across the waters of life, both smooth and rough.  I just had to stitch a boat since they will be having a beach wedding, and I thought it fit them so well.  I can't wait to see how this looks finished!  Incentive to get moving on fully finishing off these ornaments!



I sneaked in a couple other ornaments I've had kitted up and set aside for another challenge I'm participating in.  The first is Christmas Cardinal by Stoney Creek from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue.  I stitched it over two on 32 count natural linen.



I also stitched a Partridge in a Pear Tree from the 2019 Winter Stoney Creek Magazine.  I'm going to stitch another series of the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments this year.  I love these cute little ornaments.  And this year I hope to finish off both sets and display them next year!  



I've also been asked by a friend to have a private SAL just the two of us.  Two of my friends attended a retreat where they took a class from Jeanette Douglas and each received an exclusive kit from her Blooming Bouquets series called Thankful.  Most everything was included in the kit so I found some lovely 40 count fabric called Heartland from Picture This Plus.    One friend decided she didn't want to stitch her kit, the other wanted someone to stitch with...so we started this month on this kit.  I am loving this sooooo much!!  There will be a challenging part, as it's supposed to be stitched on 36 count, but because I chose 40 count, I will be stitching some letters over one on that.  ugh!!!  But so far it's been a dream to stitch.  Here is where I am so far. 



I had a wonderful weekend away just my DH and I.  We like to go to the beach during the off season.  We relaxed, played some mini golf, visited the Salty Yarn needlework shop, enjoyed walking on the beach, saw a couple of movies in heated reclining seats, and several trips to Dumser's Ice Cream shop (where they make their own ice cream!!  yummy!!)  We stayed at a lovely place called the Dunes Manor, just a block from the boardwalk but right on the beach.  They had a piano player there Friday, Saturday and Sunday night so we enjoyed the entertainment while we had dinner in the lounge.  The breakfast buffet in the morning was amazing!!  The sunrise was stunning!!  I just know there will be more trips to stay there in our future!

Here are a few of the highlights...

Who let the dogs out?  Woof woof

Honey I shrunk DH!

What in the world did you find on the beach???

The sunrise was amazing!!


And that is all that's fit to print!  I hope you are all safe in the crazy weather that seems to be happening all over the world!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful ornaments and I love your new Bouquet start

Julie said...

Great selection of pictures from your weekend away.
You've really been stitching up a storm.
A lovely new Jeanette Douglas project you will be SAL'ing with your friend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, those stockings are adorable!
Love the new sampler SAL too.
Always nice to see photos of you out and about and having fun!

Kay said...

I really like the JBW stockings, they are just so pretty. x

Robin in Virginia said...

Love each of your ornaments stitches, DJ! I stitched the Hearts stocking earlier in January. It was a fun stitch! Your trip to the beach looked restful and fun. Beautiful sunrise!

Katie said...

Fantastic stitching! Love them all. Glad to hear you had a great break away. Beautiful sunrise indeed.