Tuesday, January 7, 2020

And another one done...

Whew....well pulling out all these little ornaments sure has given me a boost of confidence!  I'm in a rush to finish up these Bride's Tree ornaments as I know I have a limited time.  And because they are not ones I would usually pick to stitch, I'm rushing to finish them off so I can stitch something I REALLY want to stitch!  


So this one is called Blue Bird and is a bird in a nest.  This symbolizes confidence in the home.  I find it kind of ironic that I started stitching it over the weekend when we visited the apartment complex they will be living in!  It came from the leaflet  Victorian Christmas Treasures V by Douglas Designs.  A friend of mine gave me these leaflets last year as she was cleaning out her stash (and she knew I was looking for specific designs for these ornaments).  I have to say....these leaflets came in very handy for this project!  I've found a few that fit perfectly into what I'm hoping to accomplish!  This is stitched on 32 count over two antique white lugana.  It was pretty tight stitching...was tough on the old fingers and my hands are sore today because of it!!

I've started another one, this one is a teapot.  It's found in the leaflet Victorian Treasures for all Seasons by Douglas Designs as well.  I don't have a picture yet, but hopefully in a few days.  These designs don't look big, but with all the backstitching and specialty thread (they use a lot of Kreinik...I wish the sparkle showed up better) which slows my stitching down considerably!!  Anyway, fingers crossed I can finish these up this month!!

I'm watching the weather today, we are expecting snow during the evening commute.  Sadly they aren't letting the guys out early today (even though they are letting them out at 1:00 in Washington) so I'll be praying them home!  The drivers here do NOT know how to drive in snow.   I know my husband learned to drive in the mountains in Northern NY so I know he knows how to but it's the other nuts on the roads who don't!!  

Off to watch West Wing (yes I'm binging on Netflix) and get a few more stitches in.  Happy Stitching everyone!

5 comments:

Julie said...

A very sweet bluebird, so pretty.
I hope your family arrived home safely and not late with the bad weather.

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, I hope your guys arrived home safely! My husband grew up 60 miles south of Buffalo and knows how to drive in the white stuff. Like you said, it is the other drivers who don't that cause the worry.

Your bluebird stitch is so pretty. Love it!

Katie said...

Oh how adorable. I love these so much. She is going to be so happy to receive these. If not you can send them to me haha. I hope he got home safe. I always tell hubby I know he knows how to drive just watch everyone else.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a really sweet bird. This series is bringing back the memories of stitching Leonore's set for her and Felix.

Hope the weather isn't too bad you.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hope everyone arrives safely, what a lovely blue bird