Friday, January 10, 2020

A rose by any other name...

Would smell as sweet?   I am trying very hard to stitch from stash, I guess that's why I'm having trouble finding patterns that fit what I'm looking for.  I was able to find this rose, and I specifically wanted a yellow rose, in the same book as I found the fish!  Yay!!  The rose represents the Virgin Mary,  affection and the yellow rose symbolizes faithfulness in the marriage.  It was also my  Mom's favorite flower.  I'm not sure why she loved yellow roses, but she did.  So I guess I'm tossing a little of my  Mom into their ornaments!  haha  This is from the Better Homes and Gardens book 2001 Cross Stitch Designs.  It was stitched on 40 count over 2 on Flax linen.


I did run out to Michaels today and pick up 8 skeins of thread.  That should get me through the next 10 designs I have lined up to stitch.  Not all of the projects I have are for the Bride's Tree...haha  Don't panic!   I had a hard time limiting it to 12 though...so they may have a few more than the traditional 12.  This one makes #9.  

Off to start #10!  Which one will it be this time?  I think I'll have to flip a coin!  Happy Stitching everyone!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Another beautiful design

Katie said...

Beautiful and a lovely touch to have it be your mom's favorite flower.

Julie said...

The shading in this beautiful rose is so prefect.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The rose is beautiful and a lovely way to include your Mum in the celebration too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your rose looks lovely! I think you should create a tag to include what each ornament means along with any snippet (like yellow roses were a favorite of your Mom's). Enjoy your weekend, DJ!

Donetta said...

I’m so loving your little stitches! They are just perfect in every way.