Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Out with the old...

I haven't had a chance to pick up a needle today, I've been sorting through my stash to see what I wanted to stitch in 2020.  I think I've settled on starting Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs tomorrow.  I've had the pattern, the floss and the  fabric sitting in my stash for a while now, so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow.  I'll still keep working on the Bride's Tree ornaments but I always like to start something new and inspiring on New Year's Day.  So...I'm off to get things picked up and sorted and ready to go tomorrow!  

I did finish another ornament last night.  This one is a Dove by Mill Hill, which represents The Holy Spirit.  It symbolizes joy and happiness.  


I really need to get my act together and fully finish things off!!  Especially all those ornaments I stitched last year.  I decided I'll do a few of the ornament challenges this year, but I'm not going to put the same pressure on myself that I did last year.  Maybe I should put this as one of my goals, to finish off so many a month...there's an idea!  Haha...I'm hoping to finish off another advent calendar for my future DIL, but again, no pressure.  I'll work on it but if I don't finish, it's not big deal this year.  There will be a lot to do once 2020 hits, wedding plans will be in full swing then!  We did get together and address "Save the Date" notices that were sent out just the other day.  So....here we go!!

I'm wishing all my stitchy friends a very Happy New Year, full  of dreams fulfilled, stash enhancement, and lots of uninterrupted stitching time!  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Terri said...

I love your ornament! I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!

Happy New Year!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely ornament, Happy New Year

Julie said...

A very elegant dove finish.

Katie said...

I really find monthly goals help me a lot. Then you don't push them off until the end of the year. I hope you can squeeze everything you want. I'll be cheering you along. Love the dove ornament.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the start of a new year and a new start for the new year! I went wild and started three things on the First this week!
Planning the wedding will be fun for this year, make sure to share the excitement with us all. Especially headwear LOL