Thursday, December 19, 2019

Happy Dancing and Day 7 of the 12 Days of Christmas




Can you believe it?   Winter's Majesty is finally finished!  I received this Maia kit on my birthday in 2012 and started it on New Year's Day in 2013.  I worked on her here and there but she is pretty overwhelming.  I don't know if you can see in the picture but she has metallic thread outlining all the flowers and the snowflakes...and is a PAIN to use!!  Someone suggested thread heaven half way through, but by that time you can't really start as it does change the appearance of the thread a wee bit and would have been noticeable.  She is almost completely covered too, and is about 13" x 13" finished size.  I could stare at her for hours...well in reality I guess I have...haha  She was also this months challenge piece from The Stitching Post challenge.  Another challenge completed!  Anyway, there is Happy Dancing going on all over the place here today!

Then on the 7th day of the 12 Days of Christmas I received these golden needles and this adorable pair of scissors with the most darling scissor fob!  There are flowers and a bird on the other side.  The scissors work like a dream too, I can't wait to test them out on my next project!  Thank you so much Georgena!  I'm truly spoiled!  



And this is what I sent Marcy.  A little armchair needle minder.  I hope she likes this little guy that I made.



I'm happy dancing all the way to my stitching spot...what are you doing today?  I hope you have a wonderful stitchy day!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Congrats on the finish, she is gorgeous!

Jo said...

I love it DJ, she's so beautiful. Congratulations x

Katie said...

See I knew you would finish it. Wohoo!!!! You did it. I bet it looks gorgeous in person. Another great daily exchange too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for your gorgeous finish! I love staring at new finishes when I have one. Especially the large projects.
New scissors are always a treat, I really like the "snip" noise the good ones make,