Sunday, December 1, 2019

Busy, busy, busy!

I've been trying to fit in some stitching, but I just haven't had time.  While I really enjoy all the family outings we do, I'm a little overwhelmed with everything I've been doing lately.  Our son's girlfriend is all about making family memories and setting up family traditions.  I love it...having lived the military life for over 20 years, we never really lived in one area long enough to set up family traditions.  With the wedding looming and talk of children, she is determined to make it a family affair.  haha  I love her!!

Last year we attended a hockey game the Friday after Thanksgiving...then later in the month we went to see the ICE  exhibit.  She also has attended the Festival of Trees as her own family tradition.  So....this year....we did them all in one weekend!  Whew!  Seriously...it was a lot for two days...AND we managed to fit in a little Black Friday sales.  So...here is our weekend in pictures!

We were all over the place on Friday....first the game...



Capitals win!  Yay!  And what a game it was too!!

We stopped off at the candy store where the lovely Ms. H found a bouquet for the wedding (we discussed getting this one to throw at the reception....decisions decisions...)



Then it was off the the Irish pub for some grub.  Soooooo gooooooood....and live entertainment too!



The next morning we slept a little late then went off to the National Harbor and the Gaylor hotel for the ICE exhibit.  This is the second year we were able to attend.  This year the theme was The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.  Last year was the first year we attended and the theme was Peanuts.  Both were fabulous, but for some reason, this exhibit was so much fun!!  I guess because we really love the Grinch.  They keep it a balmy 9 degrees F inside...which is -12 C.  Brrrr....so they give you these stylish blue coats to wear.  They are warm, but you can feel your face freezing as you amble through the different scenes from the story.  As you see, my guys HAVE to prove their manliness by taking off their coats...silly boys!!  LOL  According to the statistics I read there were 112,610 pounds and 230,000 blocks of ice used to carve the sculptures, and over 2 million pounds of real snow.




















They had a cute Gingerbread Bird House display at the Gaylord that I thought was fabulous too!






We quickly grabbed a bite to eat and then off to Baltimore to see the Festival of Trees.  This is a one weekend event where different groups decorate trees with a theme and sell them to raise money for the children of Kennedy Krieger Institute.  There are over 700 trees, wreaths and gingerbread houses sold to raise money.  It's a festive atmosphere with Christmas vendors set up and all kinds of goodies to look through.  I love looking at all the trees!!  There is usually an Orioles tree, but some of the themes are so creative!  My favorite this year was the Little Drummer Boy.  They also had a Sunflower tree, that reminded me of my Mom....good memories...















After dinner we finally trudged home and an early night...to quickly catch up on the Madalorian episodes on Disney Plus.  Anyone else watching the series?  I love that cute little baby Yoda....or is it Yoda?  Guess we'll have to wait and see!



Whew....it was a fun weekend, but I think I'll take a few days off to rest...I'm beat!  I'll be picking up on Winter's Majesty as soon as I'm ready to stitch again.  That's the challenge piece I'll be working on for the month of December with the challenge through my LNS.  Maybe this will be the year I finish!  Wish me luck!!  

Happy Stitching everyone!

2 comments:

Katie said...

How fun. Thanks for sharing all the photos. Looks like a lot of walking but a lot of great memories. Enjoy resting now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous photos. I love the Ice Show but I would definitely have to keep my coat on!
The Christmas Tree festival looks great fun too. So many ideas for your home tree!