Saturday, December 28, 2019

Another finish!!!

Just when I thought I was done for the year, I pulled another "rabbit" out of the hat!  This is Pinecone ... a Mill Hill kit.  Instead of stitching this on paper like the kit suggests, I stitched this on 28 ct. light khaki lugana over two.  I like to stitch them on fabric because I can finish them a little more durably that way.  I'm not fond of the perforated paper.  


I've decided to choose a few different patterns that would fit the Bride's Tree ornaments that are a German tradition.  I googled Bride's Tree ornaments and found a couple different lists.  They offer an explanation of the symbolism of the different items they suggest.  So far I've only stitched this Pinecone.  It symbolizes an evergreen, which represents fertility, fruitfulness, eternity and motherhood.  I hope to include a note with all the ornaments listed and what their symbols represent in a box and give it to my future DIL at her shower.  I hope I can finish at least 12 to put in the box.  I'm working on an angel next.  This way they will have a few ornaments to start off their first year of married life!  If only I didn't have all these other things I need to do, I'm anxious to get these done because I don't know when her shower will be and there are a lot of things coming up that will keep me busy!  There are still three days left....do you think I can finish a couple more off?  We will see!  

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was wondering which series you were stitching! I like the idea of stitching different designs to fit the themes.
Did you see the series I stitched for Leonore last year?

Katie said...

Beautiful work. Congrats on the finish. It's so funny I've noticed it's a love or hate thing with the paper. I love it. Glad you can switch them to fabric. What a lovely idea to do that for the bride to be. Perfect!