Tuesday, December 24, 2019

12 Days of Christmas - Day 12



Here it is, the last day, and Christmas Eve.  It's kind of sad that this has come to an end, I really woke up excited to see what the new day would bring.   It also kept me focused on the joy of Christmas, the excitement that comes from giving and receiving.  Sometimes that gets lost in all the hustle and bustle.  Today Georgena gave me some bell pull hardware.  In my search for hardware for the Christmas bell pull I finished earlier, I know how hard it is to find these things, so I'm truly excited and impressed to receive them!!  I have a few little ornaments I finished that could use this hardware and I'm excited to get them finished off.  Watch this space!!  I can't thank Georgena enough for all the lovely little gifts, so useful and fun!  I hope Marcy enjoyed her exchange as much as I did preparing it for her!


Here is the gift I gave to Marcy, a little crocheted heart I made.  I couldn't find any potpourri to put inside it, so I made a little pillow, sprinkled some scented powder inside with the stuffing, and made a little pincushion for it.  I hope she likes it, it was my first attempt to make something like this.


It took a few days but I finally squeezed in some stitching!!  Only two more pages to go before this beauty will be finished...I can't wait!  This is Quakers in Holland by Tempting Tangles.


As I said before, it's Christmas Eve and we have plans to attend a party at our son's fiance's mother's house.  LOL  That was a tongue twister, eh?  So I'm off to have my hair done, make some meatballs with red sauce for the party, and get my party duds on.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I'll be back when I have something new to report.

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hooray, I've reached the end! I've really enjoyed opening all your presents with you. There was so much variety in both exchanges, you all have good imaginations.
I also loved that you used your 12 Days designs as the header for each day.

Katie said...

Lovely gifts indeed. What a fun exchange. Thanks for sharing. Love the little pillow you made. Adorable. Hope you enjoyed the party.