Thursday, November 21, 2019

I have a finish!!

I'm still participating in the challenge being offered at my LNS The Stitching Post in Baltimore Maryland!  This month I have been working on Take Me Out To The Ballgame by Little House Needleworks.  I don't know why I've had such a hard time working on this one, I didn't use the suggested fabric,  I'm working over two threads instead of only one, with two strands of floss.  I'm sooooo out of my element.  When I finished you couldn't see the stars or some of the spectators because of the color of the floss and the background being too close.  So I decided to outline...and I didn't really like the effect.  And there were French knots, and while they don't usually bother me, because of the thinner threads in the fabric, they kept slipping through to the back.  Grrrr.  But despite all that, it's finished.  I changed some of the colors to reflect the Orioles colors...and voila!  I've had this hanging in my stash for years (and I do mean YEARS) so it's good that it now sees the light of day!



I've also finished a few little ones I'm hoping to get made into ornaments for gifts.  Whew...the fun never stops!!



I'm off for a dinner date with the family!  Happy Stitching!!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

How cute! Feels good to finally get that done, doesn't it?! Your little ornaments are sweet. :)

Julie said...

Your round ornaments are always so very pretty, sweet designs you have chosen for this group.
Great finish, what a shame it caused so many little problems

Katie said...

Fantastic finishes. They all look great.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Ball Game is great, I really like the little popcorn stand!