Friday, September 13, 2019

An Unexpected Finish

I'm thrilled to post my finish of the Christmas Quaker Bellpull by Wiehenburg Designs!  I had challenged myself through our LNS to finish up certain items (one a month) that I have listed on a separate page.  The challenge for the month of June was to finish Christmas Quaker Bellpull.  I was in NY for most of the month and didn't get a chance to stitch much, so wasn't able to finish it.  Since then I've made this my  WIP Wednesday project, hoping to finish it before the end of the year.  I'm so excited to say, I have finally finished this piece!  I had to look back in my blog posts to see when I actually started this.  It was part of the Ultimate Crazy Challenge when we started something new every day in January in the year 2012.  So...I started this January 16, 2012.  I thought I had started it in 2010....so I guess 7 years 9 months isn't as bad as the 9 years 9 months I had originally thought...haha.  Here it is in all it's glory!  Now, to decide how to finish it.  Decisions, decisions....(can you hear the theme song to Jeopardy playing in the background?)



Sadly, as I was looking back, I found waaaaay too many WIPs I have not finished.  I'm thinking of checking out my stash and getting things together for next year and make that the year of the WIP Wiper.  (I'm going to wipe those WIPs right outta my hair).  I know, I'm deluding myself, but it's worth a shot.  If I keep on track with the LNS challenge, I'll wipe a few of them out this year!  Wish me luck!

Until later, happy stitching!

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is soooooooooooo gorgeous!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on getting Quaker Christmas finished! It is simply gorgeous. Perhaps a bell pull finish! I think you should continue on with your LNS challenge and wiping a few more off your pile. I am here cheering you on!

Tiffstitch said...

That's awesome!! And we all do that, think we'll spend the next year finishing that WIP pile. It's the thought and progress that counts. :)

Manuela said...

Wow, a great finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Stunning! I love this piece and I am so pleased it is finally a finish.
I love the idea of the WIP Wiper for next year. I'll be up to "20 in '20" so I think I'll be after some smaller projects LOL

Katie said...

Gorgeous finish! I think a bell pull would be gorgeous. Yeah wiping out those WIPs is a great idea. I'm trying to do that too. Glad you are finding the challenge at your LNS helpful.