Sunday, August 25, 2019

Making Progress!

In just the past week, I've been a stitching machine!  After all those months at the beginning of the year not getting a lot of stitching done, it feels good to actually see some progress!  I've been rotating things around a bit, trying to finish up some challenges and some REALLY old WIPs.  

I'm really hoping to finish up Christmas Quaker Bellpull from Weihenburg designs before Christmas this year.  I think I started this back in 2010 or 2011 (I'll have to go back and look that up).  I'm almost down to the last page.  Here is where I am right now....



I've also been working on this freebie I found on Charting Creations Facebook group.  I love this design (even though you can't see all of it here, I think you can get an idea what it will look like finished...think Santa and his sleigh).  I signed up for the SAL but it looks like I won't finish by the end of the challenge.  *sigh*  I have finished pages 6, 11 and 12.  It's called Merry Christmas Freebie.



I finished Take Time to Stitch by Jeanette Douglas.  This is the third one I've stitched and I still have to make one more for me!  I'll probably be posting this picture again in September for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.  I made this for an exchange for St. Michaels last year.  One lady loved it so much that I promised to make one for her in exchange for something she would stitch me.  I tried to have it finished and framed for her for our monthly stitch day last week, but didn't finish it in time.  Hopefully I can get it framed and back to her for the next stitch day in September.  (I'm hoping I'll be around for that one....now that most of the work is done in NY, my husband has been making plans for trips here and there.)  This is actually a fun thing to stitch, I love all the different stitches and it really doesn't take much time.  I love that I've been able to stitch all these on one package size of material, and there was enough silk floss to make all the ones I've stitched!  



I've finished two Christmas ornaments too!  But I'm not going to post them until next month as they are all part of a challenge I'm participating in.  Next up will be a wedding sampler the kids have picked out.    Back to work on another ornament I started.  Happy Stitching everyone!!


5 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Love these! I think I have that CC freebie as well, but not a hope of even staring it.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful piece by Jeannette Douglas you have stitched! You have made fabulous progress on the Merry Christmas Quaker. Love the reindeer you have stitched on the Merry Christmas freebie. Enjoy your week!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything!

Usefularts said...

What a lucky friend 😉

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful stitching. The Quaker is wonderful, I have just finished a project of a similar age and one that goes rather well with the Time To Stitch design too!