Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Happy Dancing!

Whew....my last post had me secluding myself and having a bit of a hermit moment from society...or what I thought would be hermitting...haha.  I should have known better than to think I could hide myself away for any length of time.  I have made stitching more of a priority, do you find it clears your mind too?  Something about creating something out of a few fibers and scraps of fabric just seems to sweep the cobwebs away, bring out the sunshine, and soothe the soul.  Anyway, I should have known my family wouldn't let me tuck myself away for long!  

Wedding plans are in full tilt, and no, Jo I haven't found a hat yet...haha.  They are planning a beach wedding, and I can just see myself charging full tilt down the beach with my skirt hiked up around my knees chasing a wayward hat into the surf.  Which makes me think, should I wear flats, high heels, or flip flops to a beach wedding?  I'll have to ponder that for a while.  The lovely bride found her dress, and she is going to look FABULOUS!!  We all laughed when she went in with a list of things she didn't want and found that THAT was exactly what looked best on her.  Once she picks her colors, then we can discuss decorations....and what dress I should wear.

You may wonder why I'm posting a day ahead of Gifted Gorgeousness.  Weeeeellll.......I have a finish that I want to polish my dancing skills over and since she wasn't a gift in any way shape or form, I can't post about her tomorrow....can I?  This is Chanson de Noel by Ekatrina Chaykouskaya.  I've had her in my stash for quite a while, she was a chart I found at a retreat some time ago.  I don't remember when I started her, it was quite some time ago as well, and it feels good to have a long time WIP finished.  


Don't you just love her face?


I would love to thank the designer, but I don't speak Russian!  She is an amazing designer!

So....I guess I'll have more pictures for you tomorrow.  Back to my stitching spot to work on my Wednesday WIP.  I'll have pictures another time of my Christmas Quaker Bellpull which is my Wednesday WIP for now until I finish it.  It was my challenge piece for June when I was in NY and couldn't finish.  Happy Stitching everyone!

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Just love your Christmas stitch so cute.

Terri said...

She is beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

georgena said...

Just love it!

Vickie said...

Wow! A beach wedding. That is quite different. I have never been to one. The minister comes there?

I love your little caroling girl! Just precious!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a darling finish you have created! I would go with flip flops!

Meari said...

DJ, your finish is adorable!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance, she is adorable, such a sweet face.

I say flipflops with added bling!

Or these with MotG on the bottom:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/244414376/custom-groom-bride-sandals-personalized

Julie said...

She sure has a lovely face and its such a pretty design, stitched so beautifully too.

Katie said...

Yes sometimes stitching is definitely exactly what we need. Glad you were feeling better after some quality stitching time. Fantastic finish. I agree with you her face is wonderful.