Saturday, June 15, 2019

June Gifted Gorgeousness and more!

I'm not going to say it....I'm going to think it, but I'm not going to say it....you all know what  I'm talking about, right?  Ok, I'll say it.....Where did the time go?  I can't believe it's June already!!  It's time once again for Gifted Gorgeousness!  If you don't know what that is, you can hop over to Jo's blog, Serendipitous Stitching and see what all the excitement is about!  You can find the rules here, and see what others are up to here.  Once a month we post our progress on things we are stitching that pertain to gifts.  It can be a gift of a pattern, floss, fabric, or even something we stitched for someone else!  Here is my contribution this month!

First off, DH gave me all the Just Cross Stitch CD's that have been published so far.  They include all the magazine issues that have been published until 2010 I think.  He has also gifted the subscription to me for the past 15 years (since we moved back from Germany).  So....the ornaments I have stitched for the challenges this year have been from magazines he has gifted me.  The first one is from 2019 and is called Special Delivery by Pickle Barrel Designs.  I love this and it reminds me of "home" where I grew up!




I stitched two others, but I'm participating in a Christmas in July exchange and can't really show them to you.  Sorry about that!  Hopefully by the next time I post, you'll be able to find them here.

Next was a freebie from Alita Designs called Snowmen 2014.  I've had this in my stash for a while, and found it online.  The link to the page is here, I think it was under the Christmas patterns.  There are a lot of nice patterns here so it's worth the time to search it out!




I finished up 6 geese a laying from the March 1989 issue of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts, a magazine that was a gift subscription from a college friend many years ago!



That's all I have for now!  I hope to have more next time, and I'm hoping things slow down just a little bit so I have more time for stitching.  Til then, Happy Stitching!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Sweet Christmas stitching.
Have and lovely week x

Ariadne said...

What a great gift your husband gave you!Congrats!AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Your Ornies all look wonderful! I love the way the 12 Days look stitched over 1. So delicate.

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes.

Katie said...

I know! How are we already at June 17!! I don't want to blink it will be Christmas. I just love the tree in the truck. Beautiful! Great work on everything.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely work on all you finishes =)