Sunday, January 20, 2019

WIPs are getting done!!

Just a little update, as I'm getting stuff done, I'm so excited to get some framing done!

I finished off the Mystery Spot Sampler SAL from Weihenberg Designs that I started in 2008...can you believe it?  This has always been a favorite, but it's stitched on 36 count over one with Gloriana silks, Egyptian Nights and I made a mistake way back when.  I packed it away and a month or so ago, I pulled it out and ripped out the part that I made the mistake on, and finished it in one day.  I love this one so much, I took it (along with a couple of other ones) and got it framed.  Here it is in all it's glory!!


I finished off the Blue Poppy Learning Sampler SAL by Tempting Tangles.  I sent her a picture of the framed piece and she showcased it on her Facebook page!  I do love the frame I chose!!


I also finished off Royal Gardens by Debbee's Designs.  This is a counted Needlepoint piece.  I fell in love with the colors in this piece then went to look for it.  I had a little trouble keeping on point with it though, so took a lot of time and planning, so it took a long while to get it together.  It looks great on my wall!!  


I finished up a very old WIP yesterday that I had started for a friend of mine.  I set it aside because it needed to be personalized, and then I forgot about it.  I learned that my friend is moving out of state and they had a going away party for her today, so I finished it up last night so I could give it to her.  This is Love One Another - Famine Relief by Little House Needlworks.


I have had this next pattern for years.  I found it as a freebie on Ellen Maurer-Stroh's website and this is the second time I have stitched it.  It's called Spring Messenger.  My Grandmother's name was Violet, and violets were her favorite flower.  She taught me to stitch when I was 7 years old so this piece has a lot of meaning for me.  I love violets too.  I stitched it a few years ago for my cousin, but it was time I stitched it again for me!  I have a couple ideas how I want to finish it, and I'm hoping this will be a year when I get a lot finished.....so stay tuned!


That's all the news for now.  I hope those in the path of the latest storm have kept safe and warm!  We haven't got any snow, but it is pretty cold out there...and oh so windy!  I'm hoping to go out and get some shots of the lunar eclipse tonight....but I don't want to freeze, so we'll see how I do!  Take care!


8 comments:

Katie said...

Great work on everything. Your framed pieces look fantastic. The finished piece you made for your friend is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the gorgeous work!

Vickie said...

Wow! You have completed such impressive pieces!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What gorgeous stitches you shared! Well done!

Julie said...

Perfect frames for your lovely stitching.
A very special gift for your friend, a lovely reminder of you she will take away with her.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You are a finishing machine! Will you be taking part in Rachel's new Fully Finish SAL?

Love that first sampler, gorgeous colours.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The frames do your stitching justice. Such beautiful work.

rosey175 said...

Great famed pieces! I really love the colors in Royal Gardens and the silks are just gorgeous in the Mystery Sampler. Isn't it amazing how long a project can hide away until it's pulled out and fixed/finished... in a day no less!

Meari said...

I LOVE how your spot sampler turned out. Congrats on all your finishes.